cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

unii
Adept I

Adrenalin 23.4.1 - Can't play videos through Adrenalin itself or Edit in Microsoft Photos.

Hi,

The Adrenalin software isn't able to play back any of the in-game videos that I save using it. Moreover, any video that I try to play just appears blank (this completely black square) when I click on it. That said, I can still trim the video through the Adrenalin software -- I just need the right time stamps. I get the time stamps by playing the video through the "Movies & TV" app which is able to play the video perfectly without any problems. But when I try to trim a clip and save a copy (while still using Microsoft's software), it says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file". I'm trying to save these clips to my (D:) drive and am using AVC encoding. I only have a C: drive (NVMe SSD) and (D:) drive (HDD). My "Instant Replay Buffer" is "Disk Storage".

P.S: The issue did not start with Adrenalin ver. 23.4.1 itself. I've had it prior to updating to it. Also, there's only one user profile on my pc.

0 Likes
1 Solution
unii
Adept I

Wanted to update this before I completely forgot about it for anyone in the future that might need it.
So the main problem was that Adrenalin couldn't play videos so they appeared blanked/blacked out. 

The fix was downloading "HEVC Video Extensions" from the Microsoft Store and then uninstalling Adrenalin (with DDU) and reinstalling it. The only downside is it cost $1 when every other video extension in the store is free. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
unii
Adept I

no one?

0 Likes
unii
Adept I

Wanted to update this before I completely forgot about it for anyone in the future that might need it.
So the main problem was that Adrenalin couldn't play videos so they appeared blanked/blacked out. 

The fix was downloading "HEVC Video Extensions" from the Microsoft Store and then uninstalling Adrenalin (with DDU) and reinstalling it. The only downside is it cost $1 when every other video extension in the store is free. 

0 Likes