cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 23.4.1/2 reverts custom GPU settings every reboot due to crashes that didn't happen

Hi there,

my setup is: Adrenalin 23.4.2 under windows 10 with a RX 6950XT and a 5800X3D.

For the last two revisions of Adrenaline (current .2 and former .1), I had custom GPU settings enabled. Frequency to 2702 MHz and undervolted to 1080 mV. I played many hours on those settings in games like Cyberpunk, Sons of the Forest, Far Cry 4 and so on. It never crashed on me, no problems at all. But every second reboot or so, I get a warning message in the windows notification panel that says "Default performance tuning settings have been restored dueto an unexpected system failure.". But that's clearly a hallucination, because those never happened. Has someone experienced this and possibly knows a workaround? It annoys me to reset the values every other reboot.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
10 Replies
AMD_cire
Challenger

That error never happen on me.

Mine undervolt 1100mV. Maybe new driver already not like that 1080mV.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

Maybe, but then I hope they change the error message to something more clear. The error I get is obviously misleading. I didt not experience "system failure", I did not even encounter any problem at all. If it runs all games on 1080 mV for days without problem, why does the driver even care.

0 Likes
gabevt
Adept I

Same thing happening to me, I've tried minimal changes (single mV adjustment or single power %) with the same result, it also happens while running the computer, without any crash.

So another "wait and see what future revisions will bring" annoyance. Well, at least it isn't critical.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

Welcome to AMD!!!

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

So to avoid this bug I decided to do a moderate setting and just use the automatic tuning for undervolting, which settled a 1175 mV. Well, that got me the same error message. Again, completely wrong assessment, in real life there were no problems at all. And all this with a "Adrenaline approved" setting. That is really annoying as I can't basically use any custom setting at all.

0 Likes
gabevt
Adept I

Still happening as of 23.4.3, I tested just enabling Custom Manual Tuning, without changing any setting and it still happens

0 Likes
kitastan
Adept II

Same is happening to me. I do not get any messages but when i check Adrenaline  the OC settings are gone....

7900XTX. 

0 Likes

Oh come on Adrenaline! Now it's getting ridiculous. I have given up setting any custom settings at all, and had it at standard for the last days. Now I am getting the warning again! "Default performance tuning settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure." Double lie this time, neither did I encounter any failure of any kind, nor did I even set any custom settings at all! What's wrong with the failure detection?

0 Likes

Bump

When will this issue be resolved? I keep getting this stupid message, even though i did not have any custom settings applied for ages now!

0 Likes