cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wlmer
Adept I

Adrenalin 23.11.1 missing HDMI Scaling

just got my rx 7800xt, installed adrenalin and driver, using an 4K tv as monitor, but no resoloution wiil make it fit, on my old rtx 2060 i used nvidia control panel to overcome that, so ive been reading that i could use HDMI Scaling, sure i could if it was **bleep**ing there, i have not spend this kiend of money on a GPU thet is not usefull have i?

i have had the gpu for 5 hours and is really thinking about returning it and say goodby to AMD forever cuz of this, so that is what i will do if nobody can help me, cuz right now my pc is not something i can use

5 Replies
silentgame
Adept II

You could try scaling mode in display settings and change to scaling to full screen and see if it works.

0 Likes

that dossent work, what work and is still on the web page as a guide has been removed, so eather i need a new monitor or i need to take the gpu back and get an nvidia gpu and with amd removing fetures that should be there, im proberly going to take the rx7800xt back

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

AMD is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

In the meantime, there are a few things you can try to work around the issue:

1. Try using a different display cable.
  2. Some users have reported that using a DisplayPort cable instead of an HDMI cable has resolved the issue.
  3. Try setting your monitor's resolution to the native resolution.
  4. This may help to scale the image correctly.
  5. Try using a third-party tool to scale the image.
  6. There are a number of different third-party tools available, such as CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) and Pixel Perfect.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having problems, then you may need to consider returning your RX 7800 XT and waiting for AMD to release a fix.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that you have the latest version of the Adrenalin software installed.
  • You can download the latest version from the AMD website.
  • Try resetting the Adrenalin software to default settings.
  • You can do this by opening the Adrenalin software and clicking on the "Settings" tab.
  • Then, click on the "Reset" button.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Adrenalin software.

If you are still having problems after trying all of the above, then you may need to contact AMD support for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

that help nothing at all, and that is just a copy/past

the problem is that AMD is removing fetures or relasing stuff with the feature gone
stuff like this is what gave AMD a bad name back in the day, and they just started to get a good name, and now they ar doing the same **bleep** they did back in the erly 2000

0 Likes
docamakus
Journeyman III

Why is this still not an option on the 7800xt? My monitor is annoyingly off by a few pixels and cutting off the edge of text. Why was this removed as a default option in the first place?

0 Likes