cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

susul
Adept II

Re: Adrenalin 2020/19.12.2 on Radeon VII: Windows refuses to load driver (Error Code 31)

Jump to solution

I do not want to create a new topic, But I don’t know where to write a bug report.
In general, the 20th driver does not work with the WoT game, after 2-60 seconds the monitor frame freezes. In this case, the game works. But the frame on the monitor is not updated

0 Likes
stickysubstance
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin 2020/19.12.2 on Radeon VII: Windows refuses to load driver (Error Code 31)

Jump to solution

I haven't yet gotten a reply from the official tech support folks yet (no beef; I imagine they have hands full). The thing is that all the previous drivers work fine (all the way up to the last point release). I hope that this will get fixed in the next WHQL release; meanwhile I have reverted to the last WHQL release, 19.10.1, which after a cleanup installed without a hitch.

On my machine disabling Core Isolation would require me to mess with registry files or disable VT-D in UEFI to get around the administrative lock that's showing for some reason (it's a bug, I think). That said I would prefer Core Isolation remain on, so I think it is better to simply wait for an unborked release. I don't mind a bit of bleeding edge but there is a limit to how much I am willing to bleed.

I'll give it another go when the next WHQL release of Adrenalin 2020 drops.

Marking the "revert to last driver" answer as correct. Thank y'all for the help.

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution
boris_q
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for me

amoor_art
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, I have been trying to fix the problem all day and now it works

0 Likes
stickysubstance
Adept I

Jump to solution

19.12.3 optional resolves issue.

OP updated with fix. Thanks all for assits.

View solution in original post

0 Likes