cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LoveKills2005
Journeyman III

A recoverable hardware error has occurred (PCI)

After updating the drivers for the Ryzen 7 6800h chipset (via DDU; Driver updates were carried out on clean Windows 11), after a while I noticed that the screen began to fade for half a second, not only in games, but also in Photoshop. Later I noticed the following error:

"A recoverable hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Master device bus:device:function notation: 0x0:0x2:0x3
Option bus:device:function notation: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_14BA&SUBSYS_1CB21043&REV_00"
Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is this the 'laptop chipset rev. num. 6.07.22.037' installed direct from amd driver page, or from laptop maker website?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

According to your Hardware ID : 1022 - 14BA this is the hardware having issues:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 080907.png

Seems to concern the PCIe lanes possibly 4x and 1x according to one Reddit thread:https://www.overclock.net/threads/question-what-does-gpp-stand-for.313836/

See if there are any GPP BIOS settings and if there are see what options you have on setting GPP.

Also see if you have a updated BIOS version for your laptop or not.

Downloaded the latest AMD CHIPSET for Laptops and opened the Info.XML to show all the drivers that are to be installed:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 090258.png

Those with question marks are the one that I believe might concern the AMD PCIe GPP Bridge or not. 

I would download your AMD CHIPSET drivers from your Laptop Support Download page and update it and see if it fixes your error or not.

NOTE: Go into Windows Device Manager and see if you have a Driver error showing. If so uninstall it and then click on "Scan for Hardware Changes" and see if it installs the driver again without issues.

EDIT: If the problem continues I would open a LAPTOP SUPPORT Ticket and an AMD SUPPORT TICKET (https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html)

0 Likes