cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Icechuck
Journeyman III

7900xtx Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Been having this issue in the last 7 days using current drivers. Computer will freeze for approx. 5 seconds, then the monitor will blank out for the same amount of time, and whatever I'm running (in this case Hunt: Showdown) will crash. Event viewer gives the following error: "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Only seems to affect Hunt thus far. Absolutely absurd that this is an issue with a one-thousand dollar card, definitely regretting swapping from Team Green. 

124 Replies
dyllan0429
Adept I

Has anybody figured out a fix for this cause I am still having the issue and have for about 5 months now. Amd needs to figure it out getting annoying.

0 Likes
Draxirch
Challenger

As far as I know they are looking into it.

@Sam_AMD can you confirm anything?

@Matt_AMD can you confirm anything either?

0 Likes
wbtcpip
Journeyman III

a lot of people having same problem also with ryzenxxxG integrated graphics

to me happens many times during the day

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/ryzen-5600g-the-graphics-system-crash-frequently/m-p/684...

right now it happens every time i open firefox on cnn.com

0 Likes

same problem with my 8600g,I have tried 3 different versions of the driver,it doesn't worked.

I just find my old gtx760 to keeping my work ;(

0 Likes
bi6cwx6w7b
Journeyman III

a few days to count 6 months since my last comment, and surprise, surprise...the problem was not solved, BUT GOT WORSTH

and news from AMD: none

i never regretted buying a GPU like this one...Jesus

0 Likes