cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CrimsonLucy
Adept I

7900XTX and 7900XT Driver Timeout

A friend and myself have had some issues with the most recent driver updates on the 7900xt and the 7900xtx. We've done a couple removal of drivers and re-installations of previous versions, but the issue seems to exist across all of them. Notably, the PCs are crashing in Sons of the Forest and Smite, each with a driver timeout error.

I've installed drivers for the 7900xtx without Adrenaline, and that reduced the frequency, but it's still constantly crashing on SotF. Does anyone know of a fix, or is it just wait for drivers that resolve the issue? 23.3.1 didn't seem to fix this issue. 

43 Replies
arsarzadon
Journeyman III

I just build my first ever pc. I downloaded driver and graphic update smoothly, after a day of playing Apex Legends, "software timeout" popped out. Ever since that, every game I play is stuttering, or freezes for 1second. I watched and searched for every possible solution for it to be fixed. I reinstalled it and still after a few games, it pops out again. I just saved my money for this problem. What should I do?

AMD Radeon 7900xt PG|Ryzen7 7700x|Asrock B650 pro rs|Corsair DDR5 5200

Kedoz
Journeyman III

Hello! This happened to me too on certain games like CP2077. ASUS TUF OC version of 7900XTX.

After a lot of pain and research. Completely fixed it limiting the gpu frequency to what the web of the assembler says it boosts. In my case, 2615mhz. 0 crashes. If you touch memory, or try to undervolt, starts crashing again.

Hope this was helpful for someone!

0 Likes
Lars890
Journeyman III

I also had crashes in WoW. The game froze and had to restart the computer.

I am running the RX 7900 xtx GPU with updated drivers.

It fixed the issues for me when I started to launch the game from Adrenalin.

I show in pic. 

Launch from AdrenalineLaunch from Adrenaline

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

hope this helps you!  I put my settings to this no crashes two days now [knocks on wood]

7900XTX MERC 310 WITH 7800X3Dworking amd.jpg

0 Likes