Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RelatedL
Journeyman III

7900XT crashes every game

Here are the specs of my newly built system: 

Sapphire RX 7900 XT, Ryzen 7700X, MSI B650i Edge Wifi (m-itx), 32GB DDR5, 970 evo m.2, Coolermaster 850Watt PSU

The first few days everything was absolutely fine, so I doubt its a hardware issue but the more my pc ran the more problems my driver had. Every single game I play crashes eventually. Rust crashes after about 20-30 minutes and games like The last of us crashes after only 2-3 minutes of playing. Every. Single. Time. 

These are the things I tried already:

- DDU'd about 8 times already (in safe mode), as well as using AMD cleanup utility and tried older drivers and updates/ repairs. 

- Bios update to newest non-beta

-Minimum and Driver-only installation after DDU and AMD cleanup utility.

- Tried my old 5700XT in this system (no crashes worked completely fine) so it can't be the other components (unless psu maybe?)

- B650 Chipset driver update

I literally have no idea what else I can do. Is the card defect maybe? 

RelatedL_0-1680348499169.png

translation (sorry its in german): AMD software has noticed that there has been a Driver timeout on your system. There his been a problem report created, that you can send to amd etc.

I know its like the third time i posted about this, but I am genuinely done with this and don't know what to do anymore.

0 Likes
1 Reply
HehMeah
Journeyman III

Hi, man)
I have the same problem only on XTX version.

I tried everything on the forums, disabling all monitor functions(FreeSync,LowInputLag. etc) and other things, installing only drivers without an overlay switching cabels, asked GPT4 help - but he dont know what to do)
 There is definitely a problem with DX12, try to run it on a different graphical API in some places, this saves the situation, and unfortunately it remains only to wait until they deign to make drivers that will at least work stably, otherwise it becomes not funny!

0 Likes