cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Risbo6
Adept II

7900 xtx crash with drivers after 23.12 (ARMA 3)

Hi,

Tested the latest 06.24 driver and ARMA 3 is still crashing …

I do a crash report every month but nobody care …

sorry but that’s been going for so long it’s innacceptable 

most game just run fine, but for those who don’t seems there is no hope but to switch to NVIDIA 

Such a shame…

1 Solution
Risbo6
Adept II

new lead: i've set PBO to "disable" instead of "auto" in the bios

View solution in original post

0 Likes
25 Replies
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 2 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 3 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 4 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
FixThe7900XTXPlease
Journeyman III

I second this. I've crashed several times every week playing some of the simplest games. Gunfire reborn has been my latest crash

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 5 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 6 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 7 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 8 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

0 Likes
razor2
Journeyman III

Don't worry bro, same problem, I'm sorry that I bought an AMD card, I just have problems and I don't get any kind of help

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Video link is not working 

You crash in ARMA 3 too with 790 XTX or it's another game ?

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

We should do some class action or some **bleep** because the fact that AMD did not even acknowledge there is a ongoing issue is mind blogging 

0 Likes
Hibiscus
Adept II

im also having driver issues apparently. i gaslighted myself into thinking the RX 7600 GPU itself was damaged cause keeping to update the drivers for the past months didnt do anything, but now that i have installed the really older ones it seems to be working somehow.

literally lost MONTHS and my mental sanity

too bad for them, i was actually happy to try an AMD GPU but i guess its time to go back to Nvidia

0 Likes

I feel exactly the same,

AMD GPU looked nice enough on paper, now i've got a flagship GPU with drivers that are 6 months old because any newer version make it crash

I'm starting to guess that most AMD staff buy Nvidia GPU to game on ..

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 9 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

Testing the "install driver only method" not much hope but hope is all i have left 

0 Likes

yesterday ive made a post about an error under Decive Manager / GPU / Property / Events. do you also have an error there? i have done a post on Microsoft's support forum, i hope someone find a solution since maybe fixing that will fix everything 

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

I'll be sure to check

0 Likes

Update: 

i've found multiple errors in the event log in Device manager / GPU / Property / Events. errors like amduw23g device not started or others kept appearing everyime i tried to install another driver etc. 

apparently there is no real fix, ive found some threads talking about this error but no actual fix. 

i tried installing the GPU and drivers in ANOTHER PC and SAME THING. GPU is most likely defective 

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 10 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

For my part,

I have yet to crash using the latest driver from AMD but without installing Adrenaline(Driver only),

The real test will be tonight when i have my weekly mp game of ARMA 3, but i tested it yesterday and it did not crash ONCE

Even tried some other game that used to crash (Star Citizen) all rock stable, so who knows... Maybe the driver is fine and Adrenaline is the culprit.

In either case, that's for AMD to FIX

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

Day 11 of asking AMD to fix the 7900XTX

i was able to play several hours with 0 crash using the latest driver with minimal install (driver only)

That’s still not a solution, merely a workaround and AMD needs to fix this issue that’s been going for months.

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

So i contacted AMD support to report my issue,

According to them if my system crash with adrenaline after 23.12 it's a hardware issue 

Odd conclusion to a system working fine with 23.12 version & later when installed as "minimal install : Drive only"

The "normal" conclusion would be "we messed something up in post 23.12" adrenaline version, 

But eh who am i to tell them what to do...

0 Likes

if no errors come up in the Device manager / GPU / Properties / Events and you already tried to update or rollback the drivers, i guess you could try to update your motherboard or GPU BIOS or idk. i have intstalled my RX 7600 on a completely different PC and i still get the same error (device not started amduw23g), so its more probably an Hardware issue (i spent way to much time troubleshooting this, AMD..).

how did you contact AMD's support? the only thing i can find on their site in the community forum section

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

For you it's not the same issue it doesn't work whatever the version you use 

Everything is up to date on my system,

Processor and Graphics Support Representatives (amd.com)

Risbo6
Adept II

new lead: i've set PBO to "disable" instead of "auto" in the bios

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

So far i'm good,

I find it odd that default BIOS settings does not garantuee stability

5800X3D is not supposed to be compatible with PBO so i tough it would be disabled by default, apparently that's not the case,

Either way, i'll test some more & update the solution in this thread 

0 Likes
Risbo6
Adept II

ok i'll  mark this a solved,

Pretty sure i'm not the only one around that experienced this, 

That's really not good that a full AMD build has not stability on default settings

0 Likes