7800 XT driver timeout

Yesterday I built a pc for a friend with the following specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

Asus TUF GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card

Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Windows 11 Home

After building and installing all of the newest drivers and doing a little bit of stress testing and quickly testing a few games, the pc seemed to work just fine. After I was done with all that I also updated the BIOS to the latest version (3.01) from the ASRock website and enabled EXPO at 6000mhz. I didn't do any further testing after the BIOS update.

Today, after my friend came to pick up the pc and got it up and running, he told me that he was repeatedly getting an "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occured on your system" error when starting the pc and also when trying to start the Epic Games Launcher and Fortnite with them crashing alongside the error. I was just wondering if it's possible that the BIOS update or using ram speeds above the rated speeds on the cpu could cause this. Only difference with our other hardware is that he has a 1440p screen while I have a 1080p screen which caused a small cpu bottleneck on my end. If it isn't caused by any of those, I would love to get some suggestions for troubleshooting when I get the pc back in a few days.

0 Likes
0 Replies