cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ivisa
Adept I

6800xt AFMF not working

Hello having issues with AFMF... well had issues for the past month when i tried actually tried to use it

Its not working  just won't do anything also Alt R will not open the sidebar ingames

Yesterday (made a clean windows install) it worked great! now i wake up its not working

and ive done the basic things... already

fullscreen optimization disabled etc

playing fullscreen no v-sync  and fps cap is unlimited

2 Replies
eliash21
Journeyman III

Hi! If the AFMF and the Radeon Overlay are not working on your AMD Radeon 6800XT, here's a focused approach to troubleshoot and potentially solve the issue:

1. Update or Reinstall Radeon Drivers:

• Ensure you have the latest AMD Radeon drivers installed. If already up to date, try reinstalling them. Use AMD's Cleanup Utility to remove the current drivers completely before reinstalling.
  2. Check Radeon Software Settings:

• Make sure Radeon Overlay and AFMF are enabled in the Radeon Software. Sometimes, settings may reset or disable after a system update or clean install.
  3. Global Settings vs Game-specific Settings:

• Verify if the issue persists both in global settings and game-specific profiles within the Radeon Software. Sometimes, enabling these features globally does not apply them to all games.
  4. Windows Update:

• Ensure Windows is up to date. Some features may depend on the latest Windows updates for proper functionality.
  5. Disable Third-party Overlays:

• Other software overlays (like those from Discord, Steam, or game capture software) can interfere with Radeon Overlay functionality. Try disabling these overlays to see if that resolves the issue.
  6. Check for Software Conflicts:

• Some applications or services running in the background can interfere with AMD Radeon Software. Try performing a clean boot (start Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs) to see if the issue persists.
  7. Permissions and Compatibility:

• Run the Radeon Software as an administrator. Also, check if any compatibility mode settings are applied to the Radeon Software or the game, which might be causing issues.
  8. Monitor Connection:

• Ensure your monitor is directly connected to the Radeon 6800XT without any adapters or docks that might interfere with the signal.
  9. Hardware Acceleration in Other Applications:

• Disable hardware acceleration in applications that support it (like web browsers or video conferencing software) as it can sometimes conflict with GPU features.
  10. User Account Control (UAC):

• Ensure that UAC is not set to its highest level, as it might block some features from working properly.
0 Likes

i would love to have actual fixes not these copy/paste messages that clearly people will try before going to the forums and asking for help...

0 Likes