cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nextyzzz
Adept I

6750XT crashing, stuttering, bad performance

Hi guys, yesterday i got my 6750xt and swapped it with my 1660super. Used DDU and all the recommended stuff.

After installing adrenalin and everything, it seemed to be running fine. about 20 minutes later though, problems started. At first it was fortnite - it crashed every 5-10 minutes, (i was running on dx12), Then i opened The Finals and it was extremely laggy for the first 15 seconds, and then completely froze my pc with the mouse being the only thing that moved. (also a dx12 game). Other games like minecraft, war thunder, heck even VR ran fine. Then i booted up cs2, got no more than 35FPS and said to myself that i should reinstall drivers. That’s what i did, and now it seems okay but there is a 1 in 4 chance that whenever i switch my PC on the mouse will be really laggy and downright unusable. 

Also before i used to get a warning that the drivers timed out from and adrenaline but i dont get that anymore.

Ive tried messing around with the ram speeds, reseating the GPU, checking temps (under 60c at all times) and all the other standard troubleshooting stuff.

I also hear almost like a sizzling sound whenever the GPU goes under load, but i think that’s just the fans getting ready to spin up.

nothing seems to work! Does anyone have any suggestions what to try? i strongly think that it’s something to do with directX12 as it’s only those games that crash.

Specs: ryzen 7 5700X, 6750xt, 32gb 3200mhz vengeance RGB RAM (dual channel), 750W Evolveo FX 750 psu, Asrock a320m-hdv r4.0, 500gb Apacer Nvme, 256gb kingston ssd, 1tb hdd. 

Bad gpu or user error? 

1 Reply

Thanks, i’ll try these after work. Is it possible that my 750w power supply just isn’t enough? It worked fine with my 1660super. Is there any way to test the psu without taking the whole thing apart? 

0 Likes