cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

6700XT Warzone 2 stuttering possible solution

I did not have stuttering today played both Warzone 2 and MW2.

I think problem is with shadow and lightning settings. after turning all settings in that section to min and off there is no stuttering.

I have driver v23.3.1

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

spot cache set to ultra will cause occasional stuttering. I did not notice stuttering for now when spot cache is set to high or lower.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played more and did not notice any stutter today.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can AMD investigate suttering in warzone 2 with 6700xt?

tests did show that spot cache setting is causing stuttering. (if its not that shadow and lightining section but spot cache is in that section).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

spot cache set to ultra will cause occasional stuttering. I did not notice stuttering for now when spot cache is set to high or lower.

what amd software you using? i have 6700XT and my watzone 2 keep crashing... really piss me off and i think will open some thread to discuss

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use radeon software v23.3.1.

I did have 1 crash yesterday and after file verification all is good.

what type of crash? game crashes to desktop? do you get any message?

Its best to update gpu driver, bios and windows.

cinebench for cpu test and ryzen master you can install to monitor temperature

3dmark and heaven benchmark for gpu test or game that can keep gpu usage at max. you can monitor gpu temperatures in radeon software.

memtest86 for testing ram

try both steam and battle net

remove shadercache folder in cod warzone folder.

disable mpo, makes dota 2 unplayable but some users did say its solution.

I am not expert but its hard to find problem and it will take time. just try many things.

if you did oc gpu and game crashes to desktop you will get message.

it can be something complicated or hard to find maybe faulty part its just hard to know unless you have spare pc parts to test.

0 Likes

How long you play before crash?

I faced a few scenario, normal crash most frequent its game play halfway it hang, then sudden close and get a pop out msg from warzone mention file is not verify etc then send the report.. problem is i always verify my file before playing..

I got 1 time random no display signal so far when gaming.. i updated latest bios and gpu driver n window.

my gpu highest hotspot its 102C from what i aware but normally it near 100c around 95-98.

will try next time on the shadercache, you mean delete the whole folder?.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

inside warzone folder try to remove entire  shader cache folder or just go in game settings and display tab will have restart sharder optmization.

recently I was testing my pc and during heaven benchmark and 3dmark my gpu temperature highest was 51c and junction temperature 71 and power consumption was around 200w with overclock.

I think 2700x is limiting performance of my pc. I did notice few times during match in warzone my fans did not even start to spin and power consumption was around 100w.

look on internet for max operating temperature and max junction temperature for 6700XT.

I wanted to avoid problems with high temperatures and I did choose strix model.

try to disable xmp and test it.

0 Likes

i did not use xmp.. i just play first game and it crash omg...

now i remove shader cache in mw2.. but i found out under steam ui there is another cache.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\shadercache

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

that one you will find in every steam library folder.

0 Likes