cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sir_Zooch
Journeyman III

6700xt Crashes Randomly and Deletes Graphic Drivers

Hello, I am new to this community but have built two AMD computers. I am currently on my second which has a 6700xt and a Ryzen 7 5800X. As I have continued to use the computer, I have started getting random crashes that would result in the computer staying on, but the monitors lose connection to all display ports on the graphics card.

I originally thought the crashes happened whenever the system tried to load a video from Twitter, Reddit, or even random video ads. However, the crash now sometimes happens without a browser even being open. Usually the crash will start with one or two monitors loosing connection and making it impossible to turn off or restart the computer without pressing down the physical power button. After the computer turns back on, the graphics drivers either get deleted or remain and the computer continues as if nothing happened.

I have checked system logs and reported the errors when the Adrenaline software was not uninstalled from the system, both have yet to explain what is happening. I've checked other forums for answers and none of their fixes have worked (not that the changes stay after the graphics drivers are forcibly uninstalled with the crash).

I am clueless to how to recreate the crash as it seems to happen at random now. Is there anyone who knows what is happening? I had my PC built by the Canadian company "Canada Computers" which have never caused any issues, thus it has to be the 6700xt itself or something else I can't find.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Varixable
Journeyman III

I'm having this same issue and it's driving me nuts. The crash happens most frequently to me while playing games, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Skyrim are particularly bad for this. Game crashes, screen goes black, sometimes the driver is uninstalled and I have to restart the whole system to get the display recognized again and then reinstall the driver, other times I can use task manager to close the crashed program and continue on.

It's incredibly frustrating and this is the only other post I've discovered that describes the same exact issue.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Several troubleshooting steps.
Clean windows install
Clean driver install (22.5.1 / 22.10.2 / 22.10.3 / 22.11.1 on your choise. 22.11.1 feels nice)
Disable MPO (multiplane overlay)
Force vsync globally off (probably globally on will also help)

Also it is not that Adrenaline gets uninstalled. It is that GPU drivers gets forcefully disabled. You can go into device manager, unfold GPU and enable your GPU. This way driver will be reenabled and Adrenalin will show you an error that driver wouldn't boot correctly. After error you can continue using system.

This one was a recurring issue for me on 22.9.1, 22.9.2 and 22.10.1 iirc.

0 Likes