cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flyingdoc
Adept I

24.1.1 AMD Software does not show

I have read all of the existing posts and reddit solutions. Not work with the latest version.

1.) Used DDU.

2.) Used AMD Clean Utility.

3.) Installed new 24.1.1 drivers. Windows 11 fully updated.

4.) No Epic games launcher installed.

5.) Driver installs and no AMD software displays when clicking on it.

6.) I go back to December 2023 driver. No problems. I even tried to download from the AMD Adrenaline Software and that did not work either.

7.) Any ideas on how to get this to display.

Thanks

14 Replies
flyingdoc
Adept I

Anyone not able to launch the AMD APP?

Mine doesn't show up too. I have a RX 6900 XT 

Just got a 7900xtx and the adrenalin app is on the task  bar and I can hover over the icon and it will show the screen but the app will not open at all.

0 Likes
BobC9512
Adept I

Similar issue.  It launches minimized on the task bar and will not expand.  I have an RX 7900 XTX, Ryzen 9 7950X

0 Likes

I have the exact same combination. I have tried everything posted in multiple threads as I stated in the original post. Not sure how this can be fixed. 

0 Likes

Is this a problem for opening while on desktop, or do you have a browser, other fullscreen app open?

If the latter, try minimizing them to see if it's open behind.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No apps are open. The AMD app does not open. It flashes in the task at and closes, flashes open in taskbar , and closes. Same issues as the older September driver. As I stated on my original post I've done all known means to actually try to fix this. The only thing that works is if I go back to the December driver it is fine. It is unfortunate that AMD has not acknowledged this as many people have liked this post and have also experienced it. Some of my friends who have AMD GPUs have experienced it and the other half have not. This is an interesting bug.

0 Likes

Was a shot in the dark, not had the issue myself.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
flyingdoc
Adept I

Figured it out. If AMD wants to know the fix they can contact me. Since they do not care for any of their customers.

0 Likes

Since this is a user forum why not post your fix so that other users who are experiencing the same issue can benefit?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

Flyingdoc,

I would sincerely like to know your fix.  I haven't been able to use Adrenalin since this happened, since I did a factory reset setup on the third or fourth try.

0 Likes
HarryPuzzy2024
Journeyman III

Ive had this issue off and on for like 2 years now. Its simple, totally UN-Install the software using the AMDs Cleanup Utility here..

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Then restart your PC and Re-Install the newest Software.

0 Likes

Sorry Harry.  I tried that and still haven't gotten it to work.  If you read Flyingdoc's original post, he stated that he tried it and also tried DDU before he posted.

0 Likes
Radko
Journeyman III

I've just solved the issue on my PC. My problem was that the AMD Software: Adrenaline edition was launching but the window was constantly minimized and not showing, it was only visible as a thumbnail when I hovered the icon on a taskbar. The solution was to play around with WIN + Arrow shortcut to get it visible, I guess WIN + Left Arrow has finally worked, but it has to be done at least twice for the window to show up.

0 Likes