Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mysticshock
Newcomer

18.5.1 Adrenaline disabled my keyboard and mouse

Hello guys,

My PC is an AMD build, 970 gaming motherboard, RX 570 graphics card, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I recently tried upgrading to 18.5.1 Adrenaline software, everything seemed to go smoothly and when it came to restart my computer at the sign in page my keyboard and mouse stopped working, does not matter to what USB port I plug them into, wired or wireless nothing works.

As you can imagine i'm in panic mode thinking the worst, but perhaps the software did not install correctly and messed up my USB drivers or was not able to install the USB drivers at all in the first place. The keyboard and mouse do work in the BIOS and yes I have made sure the USB legacy option is enabled. As of right now I do not know what to do and I cannot access my desktop with a dead mouse and keyboard.

What can I do here, how do I get my stuff to work again and access my desktop? and when I finally fix this, what do I do once I have access to my desktop?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
10 Replies
mysticshock
Newcomer

Update: day 2 and I'm still trying to figure this out, of course the ultimate goal here is to not do a HDD wipe or re-install of the OS. I have tried many different possible solutions using the BIOS and installation disk, also many different commands in CMD, from bootsec to bootrec, fixmbr to sfc, you name it I have tried them all. But there is nothing wrong with my boot, the only problem here is that all my ports, USB and even my ps/2 legacy port stops working at the log in screen, completely dead.

I read a post of this guy that did some deep research on this express downgrade or upgrade of the AMD chipset software where it messes up an AMD build, apparently a bad design from AMD, so it's their fault. Any other options? My installation disk does not do anything, all options, and all commands fail to fix the USB ports. Any special command I can do to erase or fix USB drivers? or maybe plug in that hard drive into another computer and can go in there and do something manually?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes

Reinstall your chipset drivers.

Either fro the computer manufacturers' support site

or

AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers

• Windows 10​/7 (32-bit | 64-bit​​​)​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

or

Previous AMD Chipset Drivers

Hey king thanks for the response, since i'm not able to go into my desktop, how do you suggest I install these AMD chipset drivers? The only option I have is to take out the HDD, plug the HDD to another PC, access the hard drive and then go in there and replace the AMD chipset driver folder?

Can it be done manually like that? Will that fix my USB issues?

0 Likes

Did you use a PS/2-USB adapter? Someone was trying to install Windows 7 OS on a new Motherboard that USB is disabled due to no Windows 7 native 3.0 USB drivers. I mentioned he needed to use a PS/2 Mouse. He said he used a PS/2-USB adapter but it didn't work. Maybe you need a pure PS/2 mouse and see if it works on your motherboard. The User had ordered a native PS/2 Mouse and keyboard to try and install Windows 7 on his new Motherboard.

Try using a DVD/CD with a Linux environment on it . Your mouse and keyboard should work again.  When your computer runs Linux off the DVD/CD you should be able to delete or install the drivers you need.

I have a Ubuntu 16.04 DVD that boots up into Linux and runs off the DVD. Or maybe download  and burn a program called Lazesoft Recovery DVD that runs in a Pre-WIndows environment.

See if any of these methods work on your Windows 7 computer.

If there is an opportunity to go into SafeMode, then from this mode using the DDU program, uninstall the AMD video driver. And then update the driver of the chipset before installing the video driver.

0 Likes

Man I just got this problem after brought 6900 xt problem

feel so regret 

my board doesn’t even have ps/2

what to do

how to access safe mode? In this situation 

this software aways ruined everything 

0 Likes

Man I just got this problem after brought 6900 xt problem

feel so regret 

my board doesn’t even have ps/2

what to do

how to access safe mode? In this situation 

this software always ruined everything 

0 Likes

I could reach repair mode and tried to start with safe mode but again 

has to pass through lock screen with password access i can’t even use any human interaction hardwares 

what should i do AMD?

0 Likes

Oh mate, I'm having a similar issue after updating to the most recent AMD driver, did you get it figured out ?

0 Likes

@LachlanMatt 

I fixed that for a while ago

can’t remember much

I’ll try to arrange methods as much as i can

1. Restart PC 3 times to get in windows recovery/repair black screen(I don’t remember what is calling. Please search for more informations)

2. Then let the Windows repair it then after that if windows can start maybe can use usb devices again

3.go to safe mode and remove all AMD/RADEON drivers with DDU

4.for the last thing(that always works for me). Everytime you try to Install/Update***
AMD/Radeon Drivers  you MUST disable some feature services is task manager (such as all corsair services(and iCue) , Dell display manager, etc for those thing that your machine did’t give it since after clean install windows and this is important : I use process explorer to kill all useless tasks that raw windows wanted ( everything like partner brand’s applications : corsair, asus, thermaltake, dell, also some software such as adobe’s family ,autodesk )

try to remember want windows doesn’t want after clean fresh install and kill them all

I have been doing this solution in every update

hope it helps some

this solution i guess some task prevent AMD SOFTWARE to perform install into windows

i was finding this solution whole night because i had due date works in another day. Couldn’t find solutions from any technicians 

0 Likes