Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: October - MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard

2282805_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_October_1920x600_FNL.jpg

Hey, Red Team! 

Spooky season has arrived, and this month's sweepstakes is all treat (no tricks)! You have a chance to win an MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard - perfect to help propel you into the AM5 era. Learn more about these motherboards here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your most recent hardware upgrade (or one that's next on your list)! 

Example reply:

"I just upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XT GPU, and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my CPU to an AMD Ryzen 7800X3D by the end of the year!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The October Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, October 2, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 10/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

178 Replies

I actually just built my PC with a Ryzen 7700 Non-X CPU. ❤️ Hoping to eventually upgrade to a 7800X3D Eventually ❤️

I have a new build in the works and so far I've picked up an AMD Ryzen™ 7800X3D CPU and an AMD Radeon™ 7900 XTX GPU, this motherboard would definitely help finish it up. This is an upgrade from an AMD Radeon™ RX 580 and 6th generation processor, so calling it an upgrade is a bit of an understatement and I couldn't be more ready for it!

plonk420
Adept I

got a 6800 last feb for $432 (ran on a B450 board until...) then i got a 7900X + A620M S2H i wanna say Prime Day cuz i thought i could do the Buildzoid thing and blow enough air at the VRM for a 12 core to not throttle? but i guess that idea didn't work and now i need a better mobo/VRM 😅

Mption
Adept II

I just upgraded to a 34 inch ultrawide  1440p from  1080, 144hz, my rx6800 xt is finally getting pushed a bit.

sabah70
Adept III

My recent upgrade was from x470, 2700x, and a vega gpu. To x470, 5800x and nitro 6800

spicecore
Adept I

Just upgraded my ram.... got a couple bad sticks so had to go through the RMA process. Only thing left in my build that isn't new at this point is my GPU....so that's next on the list!

gotgrant
Adept III

Most Recent Upgrade was RX6950XT for my computer!

blazer
Adept III

My most recent hardware upgrade was a pair of Kingston renegade 1TB Nvme's . My next upgrade will probably be a new GPU (as soon as I can afford one 🙂 ) but I wouldn't pass up on a new MB, That just means I would have to alter my upgrade path a little bit.

ChrisHazard
Adept I

last thing I upgraded was RAM, nothing exciting as its DDR4 but I'd love to experience new Ryzen chips and AM5!

oa127
Adept II

I'm either upgrading from the RX 6600 or adding another M.2 NVME drive in the available slot (something to completely replace legacy media on 2 HDD from my old build)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus, (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Trident Z RGB, AMD Radeon RX 6600
Dell16
Adept I

I'm looking forward to upgrading to an RX 7800 XT sometime before the end of the year, can't wait!

masterbasher
Adept I

Most recent --- 5900x and an EVGA 3080. Saving up for a 7950x3d and maybe giving Red Team another shot on the GPU with a 7900xtx since EVGA left the market thanks to the green menace.

redeemer_xyz
Adept II

I've been focusing on Keyboard/Mouse lately and bought a simple G203 mouse and looking into the Wooting keyboard.

altoid
Adept I

I most recently got a proper audio setup - away with headsets with potato microphone quality!

GLKKeith
Adept I

Both my GPU and CPU are getting a bit old, but a motherboard with Wi-Fi would also be nice! But if I had to narrow it down to ONE thing - I'd say I would get the Ryzen 7 7700X CPU! That'd help me utilize my RAM better, and it looks like there's a promo now for a discount on a GPU when you buy both!

Dhirrac
Adept I

I just upgraded to a  WD BLACK SN850X  2TB NVMe SSD and its really fast, i love it! I'm looking forward to upgrading my processor to an AM5 processor by the end of the year.  Thanks for the opportunity! GL everyone!

EVI5R8R
Adept II

gl all

Lordtrey
Adept I

Well on this pc i plan to upgrade my 5700g to a 5800x3d as soon as i have the extra cash together and catch one on any kind of sale or price drop. Must bargain hunt until the end. 

Prince117
Adept II

It it would be nice to start building my PC into the AM5 gen, starting with this Motherboard.

Prince Ragland
KidneyThief
Adept II

I've yet to start an AM5 build. Maybe winning this would be the kick in the pants I need to get started

LtHead
Adept I

I recently upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XTX GPU and a Ryzen 5 7600X CPU, I'd love to try the MSI motherboard as my current motherboard has had some quirky bios issues.

Rubeerology
Adept II

I just got a MSI Mag CQRE-QD 27 Inch monitor to pair with my neat new AMD 5800x3D - slowly building this thing but we're gettin' there! at this rate i'll finish it 5 years from now haha

Fliotarasso
Adept I

My dream upgrade will be the RX7800xt and a Ryzen 9 7950x hopefully by early next year!

UArend
mapdma
Adept II

I just bought a 7900xt and it's needs a friend.  A 7800x3d would would be the perfect companion with this motherboard and some ddr5.

EMoney129
Adept III

Most recent hardware upgrade was the 5600X3D 👍

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

This would be nice to have, I can usually be convinced to build a new system pretty easily. Twist my rubber arm lol.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
SuperPet007
Adept II

Got the 7800x3D at launch, loving it! and this is a solid Mobo

dnehiba3
Adept II

Trying to drag my brother into the world of am5. This would certainly help. Thanks for the chance.

autoexec04
Adept II

Next on my list is... a full system build! Haven't had a chance to sit and source the parts yet, but my current PC is over 8 years old now! The old boy needs a rest! 😄

terminalgain
Adept II

Sorry for the lack of creativity in this one, but the example post fits me to a T.

[copy/paste]

"I just upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XT GPU, and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my CPU to an AMD Ryzen 7800X3D by the end of the year!"

DanE-50
Adept I

as a retiree,   upgrades don't come as often as they use to.   my changes in the last couple months were a 1kw P2 power supply and a 5" HDMI display sensor panel added to my AM4 system.     A new mobo would be a great start to an AM5 system

gonefishn
Adept II

With this, I shall become the King of the Pirates. 

bsp2020
Challenger

I bought 7900XTX got Starfield with it.

icepick314
Adept I

I would like to upgrade to any X3D CPU from my current 5950X setup.

Gra
Adept I

what a great addition to a new am5 upgrade..

Bushkuhl
Journeyman III

I switched from the other guys to a 7900 XTX earlier this year.

jdm
Adept II

Put an AIO on my CPU.  What I probably need to do most is get a better monitor.

Endowg
Journeyman III

I upgraded my gpu to 7900xt. I love it! Now i need to win this motherboard! For an upgrade!! 

warpfact0r10
Paragon

Thanks, @Wally_AMD and the rest of the AMD Community management/marketing crew for another great giveaway!

Still keeping my AM4 rig relevant with a RAM upgrade! Moving from 16 GB 3000 MHz DDR4 to 32 GB 3600 MHz kit- both of which are Corsair.

Then probably going to pick up a 1 TB Samsung 990 Pro to replace the 256 GB 860 Evo that is currently my boot drive. But boy, those RX 7000-series GPUs look mighty tasty!😆

mglamm
Adept I

I'm looking forward to upgrading to a Ryzen 7900X next year!