Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: October - MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard

2282805_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_October_1920x600_FNL.jpg

Hey, Red Team! 

Spooky season has arrived, and this month's sweepstakes is all treat (no tricks)! You have a chance to win an MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard - perfect to help propel you into the AM5 era. Learn more about these motherboards here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your most recent hardware upgrade (or one that's next on your list)! 

Example reply:

"I just upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XT GPU, and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my CPU to an AMD Ryzen 7800X3D by the end of the year!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The October Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, October 2, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 10/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

178 Replies

Fractal Define 7 or Meshify 2. Best bets.

Performance over Pretty.
fean98
Adept III

Forget the tricks and candy, I want this treat!!

bcmurray
Adept II

I was able to get a video card through dell using my alienware rewards points.

alienware rewards points?

venaur
Elite

My most recent upgrade was going to a RX 6900 XT <3. I think next I plan to upgrade my husbands 5700XT to either a 6000 series or 7000 series.

TheKaosJunky
Adept I

I Just upgraded my CPU to a 7900x, and next on the list is my GPU, a 6800xt, but I will probably hold out till the 8000 series!

Draker
Adept I

thinking to buy a desktop PC because my laptop is way too old

PandorianGrey
Adept II

My last upgrade was an RTX 3060 TI and even if I wanted to upgrade that, there is just no mid-range graphics card that offers enough value(not a side grade) for the investment my budget would allow (even if I resold the card to offset) to warrant doing so. Life is just too expensive these days to indulge in hobbies, but I try.

TheMuffinMan
Adept I

My last upgrade was ram to round out my first build, traded two rgb 8gb sticks for 4 low profile 8gb sticks. I did an 11900k with a 3080, I am already looking to my next build and this board would work nicely! I want to do a 7800x3d with a 7000 series card

Uboo
Adept II

My first PC was AMD and I miss how it ran.  Looking forward to my next amd build.  Had to put 48 gigs of ram lol in my current pc for starfield.  Overkill I know.

rtbh99
Challenger

i finally got my gpu upgrade in the form of a 7900xt a few weeks ago 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
soullodolo
Adept III

Most recent upgrade is a small 5" LCD for PC stats monitoring inside case

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)

Tell me about this 5" LCD and how you installed it.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Mikediam
Adept I

Just upgraded to 7900 xt! Love playing at 4k! 👍👍😁😁

diditstart
Adept I

Just built a new system 7600X with a 7900XTX. Will upgrade the CPU in maybe a year or so.

discoryne
Adept I

Upgraded 1khz mouse to 4khz. Then downgraded back down to 2khz because my CPU slightly struggles to keep up with that level of polling rate (alongside my age), therefore am awaiting a generational upgrade to the hardware next.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Most recent upgrade was a 4TB Western Digital SN850x NVMe

It's Chef's kiss.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
juststew
Adept II

I currently have the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT SE and and AM4 Ryzen 7 5800X. I am looking forward to upgrading to the AM5 socket in the future. 

BigTacious
Adept III

most recent upgrade for me was, in fact, going from my 2080 super to my sapphire 7900 XTX. I absolutely love it.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
Richi0121
Adept I

Recently upgraded to a AMD Radeon RX 6400 GPU... upgraded. Hoping to get something even better in the future!

Vynski
Exemplar

My latest will arrive tomorrow, 10/5/23.  Simple and will do some swapping in my systems.  

GSKIL 4000 RAM 32GB which I will install in my Ryzen 9 3900x machine and move the 32GB of GSKIL 3200 to my Ryzen 5 5600 for a total of 48GB of GSKIL 3200 RAM.

Hey all, I am looking for a good mid tower case for my wife to replace her 25 year old Antec full tower.  It must have at least 1 - 5.25" external drive bay.  Currently I am considering the FRACTAL FOCUS G for the current system she has.  If she decides to move off of Windows 7 to Win 11, i will likely go with a more robust case.  Just want some feedback on this case I am considering.   

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

The Focus G is a nice case, but so is the Cougar MX330-G. the difference between the two of them is the Cougar has a PSU shroud and front facing USB/audio ports and the Fractal's ports are on top.

joebangles
Adept III

I upgraded my Radeon RX5600XT to an RX5800XT and my Ryzen 1800X to a Ryzen 3900X sometime last year.

If I were to win this B650M-A, it might be a motivator to buy in a 7800X3D Ryzen and maybe a newer video card (of course, I'd have to buy a cooler and some DDR5, also!

deyelive
Adept II

I've just upgraded my case fans. Now they glow a deep red. They need a mobo that also glows a deep red 😉

Riomari1
Journeyman III

Just began building a new build with a 5600x and 6700xt, got starfield with it.

zenno
Adept I

been wanting to switch to team red on cpu. maybe 7800x3d if i get the chance.

My latest upgrade was a 4TB SSD.  It's not fun or sexy like a GPU or CPU, but storage seems to be at an all-time low (though, I expect we'll see some slightly better pricing for Black Friday, at which point I might just grab another 4TB) and it's incredibly liberating to not have to face the conundrum of trying to decide what to uninstall so I can download the latest game I'm eager to play but for which have no room.  It's a little disturbing to say but 2TB just doesn't go as far as it used to.

I think a new GPU will be on the docket by end of year, though.  

apstwitch
Adept III

Just upgraded an old Toshiba laptop from 8 to 16GB Ram - helps a lot

FIDAIN
Adept I

I just built new PC, but I'm looking forward to upgrading my GPU

TBH
Adept I

Im looking forward to upgrade my cabinet! I know it's not a ''key component'' but i love the look of some of the new designs! 

user00
Adept II

I just joined Team Red with a long overdue upgrade to a Red Devil 7900 XTX and while I was hoping to win last month's contest with the Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU - that would most likely be my next upgrade. 

Good luck to everyone!

johnny_cee
Adept II

western digital sn850x.... on sale at amazon... what a deal $70

redneckpoet
Adept II

Most recent upgrade would be the two Nvidia 3060 Ti that I haven't used yet because my XFX Rx 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra is still running great. Might pair one of the 3060s with an Arc a750 that I also have with an Intel build, but would love to upgrade my AMD build!

Lexcyn
Adept I

I actually did just upgrade from a 6900XT to a 7900XTX reference card and so far its amazing, but I would really like to upgrade my aging Intel processor to something AMD.

walking_corpse
Challenger

I've got a Ryzen 7900X on the way and can't wait to build it in the new Cooler Master Qube 500.

Seafuse
Journeyman III

I just upgraded my gpu to a 7900XTX, would love to build a new system with this!

mikagee
Adept II

I would like to upgrade my RAM next, still using ddr4 but I think 16gb isn’t going to cut it anymore!

caerbannog
Adept III

I haven't recieved it yet but the most recent upgrade to my PC will be a ROG Strix Radeon™ RX 6700 XT 😀

noodlesnomm
Adept I

I just upgraded from a Laptop that crashes everyday to a new pc with 7950x3d and 7900xtx. Can't wait to see how the 8000 series turns out.

azulyri
Adept III

Looking forward to upgrading to the 7900xtx GPU soon this year!