Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: October - MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard

2282805_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_October_1920x600_FNL.jpg

Hey, Red Team! 

Spooky season has arrived, and this month's sweepstakes is all treat (no tricks)! You have a chance to win an MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard - perfect to help propel you into the AM5 era. Learn more about these motherboards here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your most recent hardware upgrade (or one that's next on your list)! 

Example reply:

"I just upgraded to an AMD Radeon 7900 XT GPU, and it's awesome! / I'm looking forward to upgrading my CPU to an AMD Ryzen 7800X3D by the end of the year!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The October Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, October 2, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 10/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

178 Replies
JCTango
Adept II

My graphics card is getting a little bit old in age - I think it's time to upgrade it to a Radeon RX 7900 XTX :)!

NewAtlantis
Adept II

North America only!😭

BrainWasher
Adept I

I'm happy with my Ryzen 5700X, but I think it would be nice to upgrade to a Ryzen 7800X

Ninfazza
Adept II

My most recent ‘upgrade’ was in fact a cobbled-together PC from old parts I’ve been keeping for ages. My daughter needed to do some maths homework online and I saw an opportunity to resurrect some ancient hardware. Windows 10 in dual monitor setup is now running nicely on:

P6T SE mobo

Intel i7-920 cpu (used to be OC at 3.8GHz, but not now)

16 GB of DDR3

750W Corsair PSU

and the kicker is the Radeon HD5770. 🙂

I had the choice between this and my brother’s old GTX(?) 450Ti, but I thought the DirectX12 support would come in handy.

Hoping to be able to build my first PC eventually. The next piece I’d need is a case. Maybe the MSI MPG VELOX 100R?

morphinebear
Adept III

My next upgrade will be likely be a new graphics card as the one I have now struggles with some 1440p games. Which graphics card, no idea.

lucasc
Adept I

I just upgraded to a 1TB NVMe and was planning to upgrade my GPU to a 6600XT later this year, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to anymore.

been wating to upgrade to 7000 just aitn had th emoney and time

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

My most recent upgrade was a swap from my old AMD 3700X CPU to my current 5600X.  A nice upgrade.  My next upgrade, of course, will be to an MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard.  🙂

Dragokar
Miniboss

Good luck to everyone.

My recent hardware present was an usb keyboard switch 😉 Nothing special but very useful.

lowteck
Miniboss

I always stockpile motherboards...

kylo-kylo-ren.gif

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
ThreeDee
Paragon

I acquired an ASRock B650E PG Riptide for my daughters build

Ryzen 5 7600 w/Deepcool AK620, Thermalrite AM5 Secure Socket kit, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws S5 XMP 6000 CAS30 @ 6200 CAS30, Gigabyte RX6800 Gaming OC, 3xM.2 SSD's, 1TB SATA HDD (soon to be replaced with a 1TB SATA SSD), Corsair RM850x, Mid-ATX mesh front case with glass side cover

Comparison review'ish here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/15wunv3/asrock_pg_riptide_wifi_personal_review_and/

ThreeDee PC specs
gonefishn
Adept II

I need all the motherboards.

yakyak
Adept II

Just recently built my PC with a 6800XT. Good luck everyone!

Next upgrade on my list is a hard choice between cpu/mb/ram or gpu. Though I guess I probably need a bigger psu before anything else, so maybe that's my next part. I need all the parts, but, everything is just too expensive now 😞 Most recent upgrade was a new cpu cooler. Was a definite improvement over the stock cooler, but, not as much as benchmarks made it look like.

Belch
Adept I

I could use a new mobo

slowdive
Adept II

It is crazy you are giving away my next upgrade! MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Motherboard is my next upgrade...mainly because I intend to build a PC and it would be a good place to start! 😆

ShamefulTunic
Adept II

Upgraded from the 2700X to the 5800X3D

neon
Miniboss

I am looking forward to building a new system this year.

Dannyboy3210
Adept II

I recently upgraded my Adata SX8200 480GB to a Crucial P3 4TB, swapping my WD SN750 1TB to be my boot drive cause the Adata drive was being iffy and I wanted a larger SSD for some of those slow loading games.

A few weeks later, the Team group MP34 4TB went on sale for a few dollars more which is a TLC + DRAM drive vs the QLC Dramless one I got.

Some frustrated facepalming was done.

spinalfailed
Challenger

My most recent hardware upgrade was a 5700x to replace the 2700x that was in its place 

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I'm content with my 6800 XT, but it would be nice to get a 7800 XT or 7900 XT, so I can donate my old 5600 XT to a friend in need. It won't be much of an improvement over his GTX 1060 6GB but it would help enough for him to get 60 FPS at 1080p medium in most games.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
darkchewie
Adept II

Lovely motherboard, thanks AMD!

Been playing a lovely RPG, Sea of Stars.  It is classic and fun, a pleasant modern throwback JRPG and a reminder of the magic of the 16-bit era. 

Hiramabiff
Adept III

Looks cool. I can do a lot with that. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
Minsup54
Adept II

I won’t qualify but I upgraded to a XFX 7900 XTX from a 3080. I have to cap my fps because my monitor doesn’t go above 165 in the games I play. It’s a beast of a gpu!

Whoa, I jumped to Journeyman III. I qualify now! Thanks for all the likes!

that happened to me too lol idk why

Latest PC upgrade was a new case (5000X), next upgrade hardline water cooling or more storage.

lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

My computer is so old that I got an email from the museum for my computer ............ So the next upgrade i'll be doing is the entire thing because it's old very old .

i really would like a cpu/mobo upgrade, even though i just got a ryzen 5600 & radeon 6400, games still don't look too spiffy. For the moment though cpu/mobo is first then maybe the gpu.

Eudicots
Adept III

A graphics card for one of my computers was getting pretty old, and I got a really good deal on a brand-new RTX 4060 for $109. I couldn't resist buying it for the price. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

My most recent hardware upgrade would be an AMD 5600X3D that I picked up from MicroCenter.  It's an awesome CPU and great for gaming.  Now if only I were a better gamer.....

Ah, the X3D series of CPUs will warm your heart but not break the bank.Ah, the X3D series of CPUs will warm your heart but not break the bank.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
dryden
Adept III

A CPU will most likely be next on my list. Thanks AMD and good luck all! 

AdrianP
Adept II

I really want a 7900XTX.

norms90
Adept I

I would really want a GPU upgrade next, probably to the Radeon 7900 XT!

drpluto
Adept III

I'm using my 7 year old gpu, definitely need an upgrade.

Axxemann
Forerunner

Picked up a 5800X3D to drop into my newly acquired case last week. Build day is October 4. Watercooling parts should arrive later this month, and then I'll have everything fully complete by early November.

This prize would definitely serve well as the base for my next build.

Performance over Pretty.

Waiting for BF to upgrade my 3600X it's between a 5600x3d or a 5800x3d if the price is right. Wouldn't mind to have to upgrade if i win 😁 .
Good luck to all!

Subsilent00
Adept III

I'm working on my first build. I'm looking into E-ATX form factor cases right now. With the end of the year coming soon enough, there'll be newer cases to look forward to, along with reviews on cases of the year for the different sizes. Nice giveaway, AMD and Red Team! Enjoy October, everyone!