cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: July - Halo Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics Card

2139673_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_July_1920x600.jpg

Hello Red Team, 

We're officially halfway through the year (wow that is crazy) and we want to give you the chance to pump up your computer with a Halo Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card. These graphics cards are hard to find nowadays, but you can learn more about Radeon 6900 XTs here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your feedback/review on any AMD products you have used in your previous or current rig! 

Example reply:

“I have a Radeon RX 6950 XT in my rig and it has been great to use while playing The Last of Us Part 1. The quality of my graphics are top notch!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The July Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, July 3, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Monday, July 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 7/30/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
218 Replies
sonuchi
Adept III

I'm in need of an upgrade to something newer, but I do love my Radeon VII and Ryzen 5 3600XT!

Vynski
Exemplar

I'll be 74 in 2 days (July 10).  Other than blood pressure a little bit high, I've been healthy as a horse all my life.  This July contest would really be a nice birthday gift to replace my aging RX 480.  It has so much obsolescence even for the drivers.  However, I still use an R7 350 and an R7 370 in 2 of my dedicated machines.  They perform the tasks that I ask them to do and that is a lot of why I have never upgraded the RX 480.

hey, I want to wish everyone "GOOD LUCK".  Cause if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Take care and GOD Bless.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Thanks for organizing this giveaway!

Currently have an AMD Ryzen 5 7600. No complaints; good balance of budget and functionality.

CallMeKap
Adept II

My review of my Ryzen 7 7700X is... wait for it...

Pending, as I just picked it up this week (along with a motherboard and RAM) and have yet to start the new build 😛

EMoney129
Adept III

Finally getting to play a little bit of The Last of Us after a long week. The new 5600X3D I just installed (got some really good advice on BIOS settings to be able to take full advantage thanks to this community) has truly been a pleasure. Everything seems smoother and I'm getting some really good frame rate boosts. Think AMD should have a 3D V Cache chip at every level. I don't really have a need for mid-high end productivity optimized chip, but having a very capable gaming chip with a little boost to memory access is awesome. Hopefully, this repurposed chip is just the beginning of AMD's blue team killers across every budget/use case level.

ShamefulTunic
Adept II

Upgraded from a 2700X to a 5800X3D. Though I loved my original cpu, it was starting to get a little dated, and I'm definitely seeing a jump in FPS with the new chip. Now all I need is to upgrade my GPU, **hint hint nudge nudge**

I'm still holding on to my 2700x and also plan to get the X3D later on! It was a good investment to get the top tier chip back in 2019, it's been amazing but it's starting to age like you say.

ratmonkey33
Adept I

Graphics!

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I want. It would clash with my entire build but it's pretty. My RX 6800 XT is serving me well, and this would be a small upgrade. It would be a massive upgrade from the 400, 500, 5000 series GPUs though.

Currently I am running a Ryzen 7 5700X, and it is pretty awesome. All the cores hit the advertised boost clock, which was a problem on my Ryzen 7 3700X. It topped out at 4.4 but only 5 cores would hit that advertised boost clock. 

My Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Gaming OC is awesome. I do see hotspot temps hit around 90-95 in extremely demanding titles, but I haven't experienced any throttling, and for a GPU in the 6000 series that many people experience bugs and general issue, I have been surprisingly few bugs. This is not to discount their claims. Maybe I just got a really good sample. 

Best of luck everyone

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
HoustonSouza
Adept I

Currently using AMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - YD270XBGAFBOX, and an RX 550, which I got right after I burned my Video Card VGA RX 470 - Black XFX RX-470P4LDB6
. And I have an AMD Radeon 2.5´ 240GB SSD - R3SL240G.

The AMD line is very good! I always recommend it to everyone!!! 😇

eazydozer
Adept III

I have a mitx rig with a 5700 GPU and it works well for a small machine.

spicecore
Adept I

My Ryzen 5 5600G was a great CPU for my first build. The Radeon graphics worked wonders until I could upgrade to a discrete GPU.

slowdive
Adept II

I have a RX550 that came in a HP prebuilt "Gaming PC". It is a nightmare. I have to spin the fan with my fingers to get the card to process. It goes from 3-4 FPS up to like 22 FPS after I get the fan spinning. I don't see a way to lubricate the fan either. I was getting bluescreens out of the box, but at the time I needed a PC. Something with the radeon software/drivers always gets messed up when windows updates. It seems like windows tried to override the radeon software. This was my first AMD PC and it has been pretty disappointing. I think it is more HPs fault, but the driver software issue is a pain to deal with. I now know to rollback the driver if there is a problem.

rbuschyx
Adept I

It's been so long I don't even remember what it was. I haven't specked out and built a build since... 2011!?

supreme
Adept II

I used to be all team blue/green but now have crossed over to the red team. 🙌🏽

The 5800X3D surprised me with how much better my PC performed in-game compared to the 2700X!

[ASRock B450m/ac R.20 | 5800X3D | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 3200 16GBx2 | RX 7600]
Darkness_Angel
Adept III

I'm really digging my 7900xtx, i put it under water, and it overclocks like a champ, and runs anything at 240hz just about i throw at it on my 45inch lg oled 3440x1440.  Been playing alot of black desert, overwatch 2, and counterstrike.  You cant beat the price per performance its insane.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
K_H_O_I
Adept I

I have built a few Ryzen 5 3400G systems for friends and family. Stays cool while still being performant enough for light gaming and 500 Chrome tabs lol.

rockym20
Adept II

I've got a Ryzen 5 3600 in my wife's computer and it has been great.

Jayzer3cat
Adept I

I’m in need of using adrenaline software I miss it!! The nvidia’s control panel is out dated 

5900X, 6900XT, 32GB 3600cl14, 4TB sn850
tammlam
Adept I

Still rocking a reference Vega 64 paired with a Ryzen 2700X in my main PC. Fits nicely in a small Cooler Master Elite 130 case.

n00bert0
Adept II

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 with a 6600 XT. I love how quiet the graphics card and CPU are in my ITX build.

KidneyThief
Adept II

I currently have an RX 6800 XT, and I'm in the process of collecting parts for a new build. A 6900 XT would be great help

engininja
Adept I

I have an RX 5700XT that works great for gaming but a 6900XT would be even better. It would speed up ML software and image generation too.

therym
Adept I

Loving the AM4 hardware + the 6800Xt and 6700XT cards!

drpluto
Adept III

My computer is running stable for the past 1 1/2 years using an Amd Ryzen 7 5800 cpu

blazer
Adept III

That would be a nice upgrade for my system: Currently A Radeon VII on a ROG Crosshair VIII motherboard with a 5800X and 64 GB ram.

CurrlyFry1094
Adept II

Nice card I like the brave choice of color.

metarg
Journeyman III

yes I would like to upgrade to the RX6950XT from my RX6600XT and as its the Halo card

miggie26
Adept I

I recently upgraded my current rig from dual RX 580 8GB to a RX 6800 16GB, the results were worth the cost. Next will be upgrading my CPU from a 3700X to a 5700X, this will be my final AM4 upgrade before testing the waters of AM5.

ludolfjack
Adept I

Yeah...that Card will retire my 5700xt ;], if...i get Lucky....

Englishnomad
Adept I

I currently have a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X in my current home build. But I also have a further Four pc's that are used for business that are all AMD builds

Maritimer
Adept II

I'm still using a 580 RX. I could use a new GPU for my system...

Diablo IV is pushing it hard with temps in the mid 70s.

Janicebell
Adept I

I want to clarify that there is no Intel Core i9-7950X3D processor available as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. The last generation of Intel Core X-Series processors includes the Core i9-7900X, which offers excellent performance for high-end desktop applications and content creation tasks. It features 10 cores and 20 threads, making it a powerful option for demanding workloads.

jd63636
Adept III

Have a 7900xt i would put in the wife’s rig and then slide this bad boy into my gaming rig 👍

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
devinedragoon
Adept III

OMG i wanted one of these so bad since i first heard about them and my friends newphew would be so jealous 🙂 if i won i'd probably pass out. i had another friend that had one and unfortunately had to sell it and i couldn't get it. if i win i'd donated my spare gpu, my rx590 to my friend using a 4gb rx 470 most likely to bump up his system a bit. that 470 served me well for awhile and it's served him well for about 4 years now and still going strong. sadly using non amd gpu presently and it pains me so i need more amd in my rig to go with my 2700x that is still going stong but i'm looking to get a 5700x maybe to update it to something newer ot try to get one of those 5600x3d's microcenter has/had

guskline
Adept III

Love to win it!

smithdw2026
Adept II

Been using AMD CPUs since a 486 DX 100 clone and my current system has a Ryzen 7 3700X. Unfortunately all I have is a XFX 7770 HD video card and this card would make my system so much better. My son's computer has a Ryzen 9 5950 and a 6700 (at least I think that is what his has). AMD household here!

merrick_yap
Adept I

Good Luck To All my fellow AMD/Red Team Gamers. I been using my AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X  desktop CPU which i build myself for the pass 3 years plus without any issues at all. It has serve me will and looking forward for new upgrade soon. 

Moist
Adept III

I'm actually quite impressed with my AMD work system. Currently running it with a 2600x and a 5600XT and it's always been super smooth for any use I've put it to. Was super happy when I convinced my boss to let me build that system a few years back.