cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: July - Halo Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics Card

2139673_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_July_1920x600.jpg

Hello Red Team, 

We're officially halfway through the year (wow that is crazy) and we want to give you the chance to pump up your computer with a Halo Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card. These graphics cards are hard to find nowadays, but you can learn more about Radeon 6900 XTs here

Entering is easy, follow these steps:

1. Ensure you are a registered member with a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with your feedback/review on any AMD products you have used in your previous or current rig! 

Example reply:

“I have a Radeon RX 6950 XT in my rig and it has been great to use while playing The Last of Us Part 1. The quality of my graphics are top notch!"

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The July Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, July 3, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Monday, July 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 7/30/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
218 Replies
John-Prevette
Adept II

OMG, the first to reply ... WOW, I'm on the ball this month!!!  6900 XT ... YES, I WILL TAKE IT and use it's power for good and not evil!  😉 

InfoManWD

Every so often I Reply to my own stuff ... when it's that good!  😎

InfoManWD

I tend to do the same. Not that I'm weird or anything.  😂

Yes, you are. LOL

rtbh99
Challenger

well now thats quite a prize, even if its a bit of an ugly shade of green. would love to have it because im currently using a.... gtx 1070 🤢

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Eudicots
Adept III

This looks super nice. Thanks for the giveaway.

I have had a Ryzen 5 5600X for work and it was great. I had no issues with doing the stuff I needed. I could also play games like Diablo 2 Resurrected in my free time. It had the perfect cost to performance for what I needed. 

gotgrant
Adept III

Oooo I wants it

I love how fast my 5700x cpu is able to clock

We want! Upgrade my RX 550😁

neon
Miniboss

I have a Radeon RX Vega 64 in my rig and it has been great to use at 1440p while playing Doom and Prey. It really makes them as good looking as they can be.

jdm
Adept II

I just recently retired my old A10-5800K rig, driving a well matched R7-270X and 32 Gigs of DDR3 Ram, all sitting pretty in an AsRock FM2 mobo. 

I got a lot of good use out of that kit.  Never stumbled or faltered even though the 270X was well past any kind of official support.  Reliable as the sunrise running WinXP and eventually Win7.

I kept with that solid performer till Steam announced it was going to phase out supporting the Win7 & 8 OS's.

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

It's been almost 2 years since I upgraded my computer from an AMD Ryzen 5 RX 3600X to and AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and I couldn't be happier.  I was actually perfectly satisfied with the 3600X.  But, I needed to move that one over to another PC.  I wouldn't have thought that the 5600X would be noticeably better in my use cases.  But, it turns out it is.  I really like this CPU and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay on the older AM4 platform.  Especially right now since it seems to be on sale for $169 (!!!) at both Amazon and on the AMD Store, itself.  I'm rating it at an Excellent 5 stars out of 5.

Yeh, the Ryzen 5 5600 series is that good.  I upgraded from a 2700X or as I posted it in another topic "downgraded".  But the upgrade was in the performance, and it was significantly better than an 8 core CPU.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Subsilent00
Adept III

Outstanding giveaway! Thanks for the chance at such a prize, AMD and Red Team! Enjoy summer, yet stay productive!

lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

Still have found memories of my first computer I built myself and the Huge monster GPU's that would keep my room warm during the winter and still ran just fine even during the summer , my room would be literally be 5 degrees warmer then the rest of the house with my Dual Radeon HD 4870 X2 , found memories of those babies .

scruff_01
Adept II

I have 2 RX580's both paired with 2700x's. I work them like dogs and they keep on giving. A 6900x would give them a bit more resting time.

caerbannog
Adept III

I was using a R9 390 from 2016 until the end of 2022. I'm currently using a low end competitor's product but I welcome going back to an AMD product if the opportunity presents itself.

xsoulsin
Adept II

Amazing giveaway. This would give me a complete AMD system, and I could take my old card and upgrade my son's system. Currently using 3600x and it's been a great CPU.

chadplusminus
Adept II

My old rig has an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, still going strong, love it. 

joebangles
Adept III

Great giveaway!

I'm sitting here, typing text into a computer that's loaded with AMD: Radeon 6800XT, and a R9-3900X on top of an Asus B550 TUF Gaming motherboard.I've had an occasional odd lockup or reboot here or there. Definitely overkill for handling text entry!

If I had one critical feedback, it would be to ask why the default setting for AMD Radeon drivers is zero-fan setting-- it seems to never trigger the fan, which would tend to make it overheat. If I reboot, it defaults to this zero-fan setting, and I usually have to remember to set an active fan profile before playing a game. I appreciate the quiet default, but somehow the setting seems to lock the fans out altogether and this is not good when you finally jump in to a game that should only be a moderate challenge, and it starts to have problems!

ThreeDee
Paragon

My daughter is rock'n the RX 6800 .. and it's been a great card for her .. This 6900XT is going to be a GREAT card for the fortunate winner!

ThreeDee PC specs
Snooz
Adept II

Amber sharing free goodies again thank you.

I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600 and Rx 6600 it's a decent combo and gets the job done

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

6800 XT has been one of my greatest purchases, ever. This card will forever hold a special place in my heart. Hoping I can win this 6900 XT. Will start a build for my cousin since I didn't use the mATX case I'm sitting on. And got some RAM left over. Would sit nicely with a 5600X3D. Microcenter right up the street from me. Show ya love, AMD! Let's go!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
BrainWasher
Adept I

wow! what an opportunity to upgrade my configuration! I hope to be able to participate!
My Ryzen 5700X would be so happy to welcome this GPU and finally run the best Triple A in Ultra! 😄
Thank you so much and good luck all

I currently use the 6800XT and the 5800X3D. While this combination is absolutely fantastic and will last me another 3 years at minimum, getting the 6900XT would be even more awesome. Or I could use that to build my girlfriend her first gaming PC finally.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
fean98
Adept III

Was that fireworks I saw? Nope, need a new system.

deyelive
Adept II

I have a Radeon RX 5700 that I use as a shared eGPU for my portable rigs and it has been great to bring desktop level graphics to my handheld or offload thermals from GPU outside my laptop chassis. The quality of my graphics are sweet! GL HF!

Very nice prize for this month and I have used and will continue to use only AMD CPUs in my gaming setups due to the stability and and OC capability. I currently have a Ryzen 9 7900X in my system and went with this from my previous Ryzen 9 3900x. I didn't wait for the 3d as I did not see that much improvement at the time for what I would be using it for.

Really enjoying my 5600 cpu, a sweet gpu upgrade will make it sweeter ❤️ 

juststew
Adept II

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT SE with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor.  I am enjoying playing Cyberpunk 2077 with this setup. 

darkchewie
Adept II

Lovely card and paint job, thanks AMD!

Happy July 4th!  Its been bearable temperature-wise so far, but the humidity's been really horrible.  Keeping to playing games at night when its cooler and less stress on the electricity on non peak hours!

Anybody purchase games from the Steam Summer sale?   Bought Valheim for my brother and I, seems like a fun survival open world RPG, can't wait to play.

JCTango
Adept II

I've got a Radeon RX 7600 in my rig and it gives me pretty good performance while playing Witcher 3 🙂

jamesc359
Forerunner

The product I'm going to review is my Asus Radeon HD7850. It was the best (for the time) video card I have ever owned. It was an absolute beast. It could easily play any game I threw at it with max settings and it did so almost effortlessly. It was quiet, power efficient and always cool, even under the toughest of workloads. I had paired it with an AMD FX-8350. Which was not as impressive as the video card, ... but it still held its own for quite some time and looking back, since I bought it on sale what I paid for it was quite reasonable.

papawshane
Adept II

My first video card, for my first non 486 PC Was an ATI card in 1994-1995. My first AMD CPU was in 1996 or 1997, I am old, I don't remember the year, but I remember the CPU. Since that time, all the way to this very moment, I have used AMD video card and AMD CPUs. My most AMD recent purchases? 2021, or maybe 22, I upgraded my CPU from and AMD FX series, to the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X. Late 2022, I also upgraded my GPU from an RX 5700 XT. to an AMD RX 6700 XT 12gb. I have zero complaints and nothing but praise for AMD products, and I will never be using anything else. I know neither of those are brand new, but financially, I am always a generation behind. Being disabled doesn't pay well. But no complaints. As long as my PC chugs a long, I am a happy man haha. Always have been, always will be, all in on Team Red!

Axxemann
Forerunner

Oh my dayum!!!! I'm a HUMONGOUS HALO GEEK!!!!! I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Performance over Pretty.
maribves
Adept I

Wow!
I have a Ryzen 7 5800x for my 3D rendering rig and it rocks.

Dragokar
Miniboss

I am an outsider again, but I wish you all the luck to win this beauty of a card.

Right now, I am looking at my RX 6800 16Gb, which is in my opinion the best SKU that the higher end 6xxx series had to offer. I love that card for the performance per watt and the looks.

I do hope to see some good 77xx/78xx SKUs in that range with all the bells and whistles.

Right behind me, I am reviving an Asus A8N-SLI Premium with an Athlon 64 X2 4400, but this needs some time. Oops, I got sidetracked.

Once again, good luck, everyone.

markl116
Adept II

I'm running a 5700G with no add-in GPU.

yakyak
Adept II

I have a 5700X with a 6800 XT running smoothly so far. Haven't had much time to use it yet, but been happy with the build.

I have a Ryzen 5 and just started getting into video editing. It handles everything no problem, nice power for a 5, definitely impressed!

Would love a chance to win this GPU