Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: January – Featuring a Ryzen 5 7600X

b0f60160-ca72-48d1-a5e8-cb1edc9db681.jpg

Hey Red Team, 

Happy new year!

It may be a new year, but we're the same team cooking up some great prizes for you all. We're kicking the year off strong by giving you a shot at winning an AMD Ryzen™ 5 7600X CPU.  If you haven't had the budget to move toward AM5 just yet, we want to give you a chance at a head start. 

2394fc39-e4f7-40e2-b2a8-1d7a092762b3.jpg

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you are a registered member and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with anything! Although it is not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us if you’re building a rig, the game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I just upgraded my GPU to an AMD Radeon 6900XT and I'm loving the boost it gave to my rig."

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The January Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 1/31/2023. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes 2023 Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Amber_AMD_0-1672870304006.png

Amber

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
154 Replies

Yes please, love one for a new build that out performs my old Intel I7-8086K 🙂 It will do a 5.0Ghz OC All Core

Hammbonez
Adept II

RedTeam is the Best Team!!

jace2010
Adept II

hello

Worth a try, I guess. Already on a fresh new system, but one generation behind.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D

Radeon Anti-Lag/Radeon Chill idk.

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
marinesquirel
Adept III

I mean, its my son's turn to have a setup. He would probably get my wife's old (still relevant) computer  and build a new one for her with a better case and cooling solution.

tredeuce
Adept III

Going to upgrade to a 5500 in my current PC, but always looking for a good reason to upgrade an upgrade and that would be one.

Watchtower_GM
Adept II

Great but I still I am still in love with AM4.

Me too.  I'll wait a few more months before jumping to the new socket.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
tootallofwa
Adept II

Just swapped out an  Ryzen 5 1600 for a Ryzen 5 5500. It seems SNAPPY! 

What a boost a 5 7600x would be. Love to build a system around it.

terminalgain
Adept II

Taking one component off the check list of getting a newer/modern system would go a long ways to making it more doable.

caerbannog
Adept III

Long live the AM5 socket!

xsoulsin
Adept II

I am looking to upgrade from my 3600x and give my son upgraded CPU of the 1600x

fatdox8
Adept I

why are these not global? 😞   a right tax and tariffs probably

Hello fellow foragers, It is I Captain Hook ready to take the prize from all ye mates.

GON
ripcord
Adept III

And yet I keep entering these giveaways.

Gratz to the winner.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
Terryfic1
Adept I

Kudos to AMD for giving those of us who can't afford to buy one, a shot at getting one for free. 🙏

Vynski
Exemplar

Just upgrade my my old reliable Ryzen 7 2700X to a Ryzen 5 5600 last week.  No problems no complaints.  Got a lot of help from the forum members in my decision to, I guess you would say "downgrade" going from an 8 core to a 6 core CPU.  The 5600 out performs the 2700X so I am more than happy. 

Now a Ryzen 5 7000X.  That is a whole new ballgame.

By the way I just put the old 2700X into the old MSI X470 board with a Corsair 750 semi modular PSU 2 days ago.  Just running a Prism cooler on it.  Haven't decided what I would use it for yet.  Why do I need 5 desktops and 4 laptops for just me and my wife.  Anyway, I still need RAM, storage, wi-fi adapter and keyboard.  I'll just use the integrated sound system for a while.  I still have my old HD 1600 GPU that will work until I can get a new GPU and do some moving cards around.  Right now I'm not to pleased with what I see happening with some of the GPU's, not just AMD, NVIDIA as well. 

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Alex11
Adept I

Best of luck to all

sonuchi
Adept III

Thank you, AMD and good luck, everyone!

Jayy_R7
Adept II

Hi i upgraded my gtx 1070 to a rx 6650xt and im amazed on how much performance it gives considering the value

tasnx3
Adept II

this would be so nice to start a new build with

bobpi
Adept III

It would be nice to move to a Ryzen from an FX9370/windows 7 but I do not like what I see with win10/11 and it sounds like win 12 will be even worse.

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Hey! Glad to finally have an AMD community, been loving it here.  Been teaching my 2 sons how  to build PCs (13 and 16).  One makes videos on youtube, and hes made a couple hundred bucks in the last 3 months.  Be awesome to upgrade his rig, and surprise a friend with his old processor.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
John-Prevette
Adept II

For production machines at home, I use mostly the top-end CPUs and GPUs in a Series to get the high-end power that I want for the family.

When a new series comes out like the 7000 Series CPUs, I like to build a "low-end box" in the "high-end series" like the 7600X for testing with other comparable lower-end components like GPU, DDR5 RAM, mobo, etc. at a reasonable price.  When I'm done testing with these boxes, I will "GIFT raffel" them out to members of my FB group (Greatwood Tech Talk) and then build my next test box!

Can't wait to test the new Series CPUs and GPUs!  😎

InfoManWD

While I'm not specifically looking to upgrade at the moment (I could probably squeeze another two years out of my current rig), I'd love an excuse to go ahead and move up to AM5.  Then I could pass my current system off to my brother whose PC is definitely getting a little long in the tooth to keep up with modern games.

soullodolo
Adept III

It's been a while but happy new year 2023!

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
sjdgls
Adept II

Currently have a mini PC, hope to build a new mini PC.

kataztrophik
Adept II

I've been playing a ton of Deep Rock Galactic!

mikagee
Adept II

Happy January and February everyone! It’s -25c here so hopefully everyone can stay warm! 

ziggcycle
Adept I

hope to afford the all the other equipment soon

Genieboy47
Adept I

I currently have a 3600x I would love to upgrade but with everything going on in my life it isn't in the cards for me.  

CallMeKap
Adept II

I upgraded my 10-year-old monitor to a 34" ultrawide late last year, and love the extra real estate!... but my 10-year-old PC and RX480 shudder at the thought of running any recent games at 3440x1440p, so I think it's finally time to upgrade 😛

KidneyThief
Adept II

Winning a new CPU could be just the push I need to upgrade my system.

bgnass
Adept III

Good luck to all. AMD forever.