cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August

Hey Red Team, another month, another chance at winning! 

Enter now for your chance to win a Ryzen™ 5 3600X with cooler and MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK Motherboard!

TXzCg.jpg

1024.png 

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you’re a registered user and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Simply reply to this post with anything! Although it’s not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us what your favorite AMD product is, what game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I’ve had a lot of fun playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 recently. Currently playing through the campaigns and excited to start some of the challenges! ”

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, August 1, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time and Entries must be submitted by Sunday, August 31, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Central Time.

For more information about how to enter, visit the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (Excluding Quebec) 18 years or older who are members of the AMD Community forum with a ranking of Novice III or greater. Ends 12/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit  Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

---
Amber 🙂 
Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
71 Replies
devinedragoon
Adept III

Would be nice to update my cpu a little bit and use my old one for my sister and build her a pc.

p.s. First 🙂

Looks like a nice prize.  I'm sure somebody will be happy to win!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
gabrielpike
Adept II

This would definitely beat my old 1600. Nice prize! Good luck to everyone!

Subsilent00
Adept III

Very nice giveaway! Thanks for the chance at such incredible prizes. I love all AMD's products. I'm still currently playing Total War Warhammer 3. 

rdenmon
Challenger

This would be good as i am making my son a pc...hopefully i win!

Hi to all! Good luck to all of us!

apstwitch
Adept III

Now I'm glad I didn't win last month's giveaway  😉

red5
Miniboss

Hello. I'm still mostly playing Heroes of the Storm when I have time. Even though Blizzard has somewhat abandoned the game, I still find it enjoyable. I also started a new career in Mechwarrior 5 about a couple months ago, but I haven't played in a couple weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
dnehiba3
Adept II

Perfect!

dcslatter
Adept II

I started with a 300 Baud modem and had to find other computers to call. Now I am online playing Sniper Elite 5 - No Cross, getting my Butt kicked by 10 year olds!

scar4u
Adept I

Nice combo

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Can start my HTPC build early with this! Let's go! 

Good luck to everyone!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Drumaholic
Adept I

Thanks for the opportunity!

LFaWolf
Adept II

Awesome prize, a great setup for a powerful starter system! Thank you for the chance.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I really love the plan for AMD to switch to AM5. The socket has a retention bracket so you will not have to worry about pulling out the CPU when repasting. My buddy is still running on a 4th gen i5 and really needs to upgrade his platform. His system runs but is nowhere near as powerful or fast as what it needs to be for his use case. Photography and video editing. His poor system just can't keep up with productivity applications anymore.

We are playing a game called Grim Dawn right now and we sometimes play Fortnite but in that case he had to dumb down nearly every setting option to get his system to render frames faster than a PowerPoint presentation.

If this falls through would it be worth the upgrade to save up and get him a 5000 series Ryzen chip or should be wait for AM5 and get the latest hardware? I hear AM5 will only have support for DDR5 not DDR4. Is that correct or is it unconfirmed?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think the new AM5 socket will only support DDR4.  This is a motherboard manufacturer issue because of the changes to the DDR5 RAM requirements for onboard RAM voltage control and more restrictive routing of the DDR5 memory connections on the motherboard (from what I've read).

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
neon
Miniboss

This is a nice 6-core CPU that would make a strong heart for a new system, or in my case, a nice upgrade to a first gen Ryzen system. Good luck Red Team!

majicalpanda
Adept II

Never used a x370 board super interesting because I jumped on the ryzen train with zen+. That board in particular looks super neat always nice to see a post code a feature which to be frank should be on every board XD. Whoever wins it is gonna be a happy camper for sure.

Key-J
Paragon

Absolutely appreciate you picking up the exciting giveaway thread reigns @Amber_AMD !

I would be honored to throw these in my rig. Really build it around them!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
8rand0
Adept II

I'm just about to pick up a used PC from my brother but the mobo and CPU are in serious need of an upgrade. This would be a big improvement!

Justifier
Challenger

🙂

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

This would be a perfect start for my little ones first PC. :rooster::rooster::rooster::rooster:

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
fean98
Adept III

Hello and come home to me my little electronic trinkets.

greydog5
Adept II

nice to upgrade

FMB
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Does anyone know if that board needs a BIOS update to support Ryzen 3000? I looked on the support site and it doesn't say it supports Ryzen 3000. Just wasn't sure if I would have to flash it before installing Ryzen 3000 chips. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
darkchewie
Adept II

That's a lovely CPU + Mobo combo, for sure.  Thanks AMD!

How's everybody dealing with the heat this summer?  Luckily with air conditioning, don't have to deal with too high of ambient temps so my cpu air cooling (using an NH-D15) still doing a fine job, but thinking of getting an AIO for future builds.

Oh gosh.

I broke down and purchased a space cooler -- AC /heater/dehumidifier in one

I've went 3 years in this space with no AC, temps going up to ~95°f, no issue. Just open some windows and put a fan somewhere in the room and it's tolerable.

Not this year though. The combination of my PC + 110°f temps @ 85% humidity broke me.

I don't think I'll be needing the heater on the unit, my PC will likely do lmfao, but the AC/dehumidifier have been extremely appreciated over the past 3 days. Been keeping the temps @ 85°f, 50% humidity. It's wonderful.

If you're going to swap to an AIO, go all out and get the biggest one you can fit into your case. If you went with a NH-D15, I'm guessing you're on a hotter chip, I wish I'd went with either a 320mm or 420mm AIO (yes, a 3x 140mm monstrosity)

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
tekasza
Adept II

My current workstation motherboard has always been a bit wonky - crashing for no reason and sending too much voltage to USB peripherals. That X370 Motherboard looks much better. Also, I'm still using my 8-year-old laptop in the living room, and it doesn't like to wake from sleep. This would be an awesome prize.

joebangles
Adept III

Hmm. Nice!

I'll help you clear out that back store room of older tech! Is that a wireless card I see? [nods head]

TR2
Adept III

What a nice combo. I would like to try a MSI board again.  This one's specs looks pretty good.

XelaVo581
Adept II

hi!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
ThreeDee
Paragon

This will be a great set up for whomever the lucky winner is!

I upgraded my daughters PC from a 2200G to a 2700x to this 3600x .. it was a great chip for her at the time.

ThreeDee PC specs

Very nice, I could use this for sure. 👏

Hey everyone, good luck. 🎩

Another chance at an upgrade 👍

I claim this prize by the law of surprise! I just rhymed.

GON
Pepe1
Adept II

I need to update my PC

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Perhaps I could use this (if I win) to build my mother-in-law a new computer.

venaur
Elite

Fingers crossed!!! 😄 

German_AC
Adept II

Wow, that's a great looking combo! 

Good luck everybody!

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
drpluto
Adept III

If I won the first thing I would do is to use the cpu on a b450 mobo so I can upgrade the bios.