Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 5 Giveaway!

Happy Friday Red Team, 

You already snow the drill! It's time for Day 5 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 17th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with a gift you always wanted, but never got. (I never got a drum set after asking for 6-7 years in a row... as an adult, I totally get why now. 😂)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it!

xmasgift.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671208154257.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing your stories with us. To those who always got what they wanted... (shakes fist). 😜

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 6's post!

UPDATE: Happy to announce @B1uedw01fie is our Day 5 winner! Congratulations! 😀

View solution in original post

109 Replies
cloudkidj
Adept I

I gotta say for this one I never got a Desktop build I pretty much only grew up with cheap laptops until I eventually bought my own when I could afford it

Gamer15
Journeyman III

Been asking since forever for a gameboy until i bought one during the pandemic 

djwillweb
Adept I

An original millennium falcon

Will Web
LonginusSmasher
Journeyman III

I've always wanted that big fancy box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Considering my self control is 0 when eating them im well aware why. 

As a kid I always wanted Lego sets but we were too poor and I always got socks. A towel 1 year. 

maik005
Journeyman III

a high end AMD GPU.

kataztrophik
Adept II

I always wanted HeroQuest when I was younger

Half-life 3

ydcontests
Adept I

A girlfriend 😞

Brian-Emmons
Adept II

Never got my own computer

tosblackdeath
Adept II

I'm 60 yrs old and don't remember what i wanted as a kid, now i would choose pc parts of any kind AMD of course

amd001
Adept I

Gaming computer

mrpipster
Adept II

I've always wanted an MSI 4090 GPU but they're always sold out! 😢

OOps I mean't to sat 7900XTX 😜

I've always wanted a better monitor and graphics card, but don't have the car or money to afford both (only one or the other)

JJG
JDOGWIN
Adept I

I always wanted a winning lottery ticket but I haven't even gotten a lottery ticket yet 😂😂😂

DrDikimbe
Adept II

Somewhere out there, there's a life size Thomas the train engine waiting to be unwrapped.

soullodolo
Adept III

I've always wanted a ride on car but now I've outgrown them and can only drive real car 

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
Anoriand
Adept I

I always wanted a toy garbage truck...don't ask why, i just did...never got it tho

The Super Saiyan barrier... Yeah, I've gone far beyond that!
lorddarkhelmet
Adept III

When you grow up poor the list is massive lol . Can't really think of anything specific .

Breach
Adept I

Don't even recall what specifically it was, but some big LEGO set I wished for year after year without Santa ever listening.

rseymour1
Adept I

An Xbox 360

B1uedw01fie
Adept I

IBUYPOWER Desk Mat, MSI Thunderbird Plush, AMD Red Team Dog Tag, AMD Sticker sheet, IBUYPOWER WATER BOTTLE, Callisto Protocol game codeBut, we will see if I can get them this year.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I've always wanted a new vehicle - car or motorcycle - for Christmas.  It never happened.  It probably is never going to happen.  Now that I don't ride motorcycles anymore, can someone please give me a new car?

Yes, it's a French car.  Why not?Yes, it's a French car. Why not?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
jamesc359
Forerunner

Smetroidbox.jpgFor me it would have to be Super Metroid for the SNES. Santa normally ensured that I got all the major Nintendo releases, but somehow Super Metroid wasn't under the tree that year. Many years later I found a copy at at a second hand shop and even though I bought it for myself I was still giddy as a could be to finally play it.

ThreeDee
Paragon

A G.I. Joe repair kit

ThreeDee PC specs
BeSh0
Adept I

Really, really wanted Tekken for my PlayStation, but I wasn't "old enough" for it... ugh.

tstec
Adept III

Hi

Another day, another present, i wanted a pair of skates but never got them

PS: Already have my RX 7900 XTX

IMG_1491.JPG

bzhknight
Adept I

A sword !

caerbannog
Adept III

Gift giving for any occasion wasn't celebrated consistently in my household as I was growing up.

I guess if there is a gift I would have wanted, then that would have to be personally understanding the emotional attachment one feels towards the gift giving tradition.

filinux
Elite

Before I hit the mandatory age of adulting a Christmas never went by that was not a special day full of love, family, food, and a present or two for everyone.  In retrospect one could really not ask for much more but as a child...I definitely did!!  If the subtle hints I might have dropped were misunderstood (24/7 constant nagging of the  parental units yearly from Sept until Dec 24th) the fact that the Sears Roebuck catalog fell open to the same page due to wear EVERY time should have got the message across.  Santa never did manage to squeeze the dual seat 5 H.P. go cart with off road tires down the chimney  despite my efforts.  Typing this and remembering my fascination and admiration of Evil Knievel at about the same time makes me think my parents might have made a very wise choice.  🙂  Hoping everyone's holiday hopes & dreams come true this year!! 

Ocelly
Adept I

An RC flying robot, they probably did not exist back then

BleachWhite
Adept I

Internet, I didn't get it until I moved out from my parents at 18. Had to watch downloaded youtube videos and junk lol. 😞

I wanted a bean bag chair. It is probably a good thing that I never received one as a gift.

dryden
Adept III

I always wanted a laptop when I was younger but never got one. As an adult, I gifted myself a laptop 🙂

anedwar
Adept I

oh this is a tough one. My parents managed our expectations pretty well so we knew what was in the realm of possibility for Santa to afford. 

If I had to think of something that I wish I had as a kid it would be maybe an ATV or dirt bike. And yeah as an adult I absolutely know why my parents would never entertain that.

Browork
Adept I

I'm sure there is something I didn't get when I was really young, but have long since forgot.
My gifts since about 8 or so have always been cash, or gift cards.
As my parents used to say that is the best gift because I can go out and buy what I want.
And I don't have to "act" excited about the crap I didn't want.

mapdma
Adept II

I always wanted an electric guitar and amplifier.  I got it when I borrowed the money from my father and bought it for myself.  And paid him back.  The joy of work.

Hammbonez
Adept II

I had always wanted a remote-control airplane, one with a gas motor, real props, etc. These remote-controlled planes have never been within reach due to price. But with the advancements in drones and AI assisted flying machines I believe this will become a real possibility for me in the really near future. 

An elgato wanted one for years.

slowdive
Adept II

I got Jetfire (transformer) for Xmas and my brother broke it trying to transform on Xmas. It was never replaced.