Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

12 Days of Christmas - Day 5 Giveaway!

Happy Friday Red Team, 

You already snow the drill! It's time for Day 5 of our 12 days of Christmas giveaway!

You have 24 hours starting now until December 17th at 12 pm CST for a chance to win:

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Reply to this post with a gift you always wanted, but never got. (I never got a drum set after asking for 6-7 years in a row... as an adult, I totally get why now. 😂)
  2. Hit "Reply" and that's it!

xmasgift.gif

Good luck everyone! 

Wally_AMD_1-1671208154257.png

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit AMD Red Team's 12 Days of Christmas. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing your stories with us. To those who always got what they wanted... (shakes fist). 😜

I've closed the comments and will update this post when the winner has been confirmed so stay tuned!

And if you want another chance to win, check out Day 6's post!

UPDATE: Happy to announce @B1uedw01fie is our Day 5 winner! Congratulations! 😀

View solution in original post

109 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

this is a hard one because i was pretty spoiled lol

but i never did get my own gaming computer until 2020 after years of wanting one!

---
lets talk about rtbh99
markl116
Adept II

Plastic Battleship replica.

BlackDraft
Adept I

Can't remember anything in particular.

Weber462
Challenger

Lol.  Drum set too. An electric one

tasg123
Adept I

My own computer. Eventually had to buy it myself.

redneckpoet
Adept II

I really can't recall. As a child, I probably asked for a specific Transformer. These days, I'd ask for a new house, lol. Knowing I'd not get it.

Jsocalzx11
Adept I

A dirt bike

da_gaymer
Adept I

New bicycle.

azulyri
Adept III

N64 😞

gear762
Adept I

I never got that go-kart I wanted until I bought one for myself!

-fusion-
Adept I

Always got what I wanted 🙂

marinesquirel
Adept III

Almost every few years I ask for a new gaming laptop, and I never get one. So, I resort to getting one myself eventually. I still want one because the one I have is getting older and If I'm hopeful, I'll be traveling a lot in my new job so a capable gaming laptop is important.

TriniTerry86
Adept II

Oh, this takes me back to my childhood days and utter disappointment. I remembered asking my parents for a super soaker water gun, they were the rage that year and many children wanted it... money was extremely tight for my family at that time, and sadly I never got it! Being an adult now I can see how 'adulting' can be hard, more so when you've got a family and lots of bills to 'juggle'. 

superchip3
Adept II

a Turbografx 16 console

x_lol
Adept I

Pretty much everything, only ever got clothes and stuff like that...

convong
Adept I

I never got a computer or console when I asked for them, had to pool together the money I'd get over a few years and get them myself

rdenmon
Challenger

rdenmon_1-1671214591207.png

I get why, this was not a very good system. But i asked for a few years, never got it.

I don't recall. I don't remember asking my parents for anything particular, and my grandparents would give us a price, so I always got what I asked for.

dwolvin
Adept I

I honestly can't think of anything, my expectations were well managed. [rofl]

DanielStef
Adept I

Can't really remember. I have been buying my most wanted gifts myself for a long time now 🙂

Mcornford
Adept II

A Neo Geo console. I had asked for a few years, but Santa could never seem to find the instructions on how to build one ;). 

BigBoss98
Adept II

electric guitar

I can't remember which one, but it was a lego stars wars kit.

8rand0
Adept II

Remote control car. 

Bullfrog78
Adept I

Any computer.  Was told they were a waste of time. (Early 80's)   now all I hear from her is "why didn't you do something with computers, you were so gifted" lol 🙄

Moist
Adept III

Gift I always wanted as a kid was an electric guitar. 

Yellow-AP1
Adept II

I'm too old to remember, but probably a cowboy outfit with a Mattel six shooter, when I generally got socks and a handknit sweater.  I do remember driving all over the GTA looking for a Furby for my kids though...

dieselmax82
Adept I

The eternia play set back in the day of He-Man

Eron221
Adept I

I never got the leather sofa I wanted at like 8 years old for some reason lol

mik3655
Adept II

The super scope for the super Nintendo...

ozleem
Adept I

Gaming pc / Console 

aslan21771
Adept I

My parents always asked us for a wish list, and they delivered everytime; this I've tried to pass on to my kids.

A videogame system!  I frequently asked for one but no one ever gifted me one (for Christmas or any other occasion).  I did buy my own videogame systems multiple times, but never received as a gift.

xdayxstarx
Adept I

that dam Red Ryder BB Gun so I could give it to my step dad so we didn't have to watch a Christmas story again.(I hate that movie)

Snugglepuff
Adept I

That transformer that changed into a whole city, Metroplex.

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

I never got my own PC I had to build it with from spare parts I got from friends or bought my self.

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
finagle
Adept I

Really wanted an Intellivision with The Empire Strikes Back game. Played on the demo machine at the store so often (hey kid! Get offa there!)

curtislu
Adept II

An original NES.

bgnass
Adept III

Computer, but they didn't sell anywhere in my country then.