cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Community Rankings

If you were ever curious about the types of ranks you can reach in the community, you can find them all here! There are a total of 20 ranks:

1 Newcomer
2 Novice I
3 Novice II
4 Novice III
5 Journeyman I
6 Journeyman II
7 Journeyman III
8 Adept I
9 Adept II
10 Adept III
11 Elite
12 Challenger
13 Miniboss
14 Forerunner
15 Paragon
16 Exemplar
17 Grandmaster
18 Big Boss
19 MVP
20 VIP

Things to know - 

• Ranking up is based on your activity, for instance, starting a new discussion, Liking posts, Accepting a Solution, Replying to posts, Tagging posts, and how long you've been a member of the community. 
  • For example, to move from Newcomer to Novice I, you need to Like and Tag a post once, and your account must be at least 24 hours old.

giphy.gif

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
160 Replies

It's true! Join in on the fun, and you'll bump up the ranks in no time.

@TrackingSaluki same here, dont know what im doing but ok

Nice

a

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
smithdw2026
Adept II

Glad I found this so I know what the levels are.

akau013
Adept I

Ok, still novice... 

Reyfox
Adept I

Slowly moving up. Moving as fast as I can run at my advanced age.... 70... which isn't fast at all.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Sapphire RX 6700XT, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte X570 Elite.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You aren't the only old timer here.  Many of us were using computers in the late 1970's and early 1980's as part of our careers.  Remember the days of the mainframe computers?  How about the first portable computers, like the Osborne?  I had one.

This Osborn Executive originally ran the CPM operating system.This Osborn Executive originally ran the CPM operating system.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01 wrote:

You aren't the only old timer here.  Many of us were using computers in the late 1970's and early 1980's as part of our careers.  Remember the days of the mainframe computers?  How about the first portable computers, like the Osborne?  I had one.

Yes, I remember. My brother had (still has) an Osborne One, which I borrowed and tried out.  It was big and "dragable", weighed about as much as a sewing machine.  My first real job, in the early 80's, included working on an IBM mainframe, where I used COBOL 80 to program on.  The company I worked in had a Burroughs mini computer, later upgraded to a Wang mini computer.  The Burroughs machine didn't even have a main screen, but instead a paper printer log as "display".  Luckily, the clients had screens though.  😂

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

I was a Commodore person. It was my first introduction to computers. The ol' C64. And they even had a "portable" SX64 with color screen monitor. You have to be young, strong, and sort "rich". Back in 1984, it cost $995. But the C64 got my feet wet, and I haven't looked back.

Nice knowing that there are other "ancients" here!

Welcome to the forum.  It's nice to see another 70+ member.  I'll be 74 in one month.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

another Welcome to you.      I am new to the group as well.    turned 73 a few months ago.   I've been working on computer hardware since 1970.    

Thanks for the welcome! 

I started with the C64, ran a BBS, then a C128, moving to Amiga(s) for fun and video work. Customized each one (2 A2000's with GVP boards, SCSI controllers, Video Toaster, Opalvision, genlocks, TBC's). Then sadly, Commodore went bust forcing me to move to the PC. 

I build my first PC, and every one after that.

But at this point in life with the computer I have, still doing video editing with Vegas Pro, I am sitting good.

Is there any additional info for increasing ranks? As in what it takes to get to the next level?

Cause I'm just a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby lol

I'm a proudly Adept I 😂

Good question, I can't share specifics but engaging in the community with posts, likes, and comments will help you rank up 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Dang... no power leveling for us huh? haha.

I've asked about 'God Mode' but they know I don't rate.  I bet I'll reach that if I come back as a cat in my next life.

This could be me someday.This could be me someday.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I want to come back as a dog.  My neighbor say's that he wants come back as either his wife or my wife's dog specifically, because they are spoiled so bad.  

Check out this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km84k5rHk4A

I literally fell in love with WINKY.

Would love more clarity on this too

Start a topic discussion.

i.e. Who knows how to read a punch card?

I know how to read a punch card. It would be more correct to say "Who knows how to read 7bit (or 8bit extended) ASCII codes?". It works the same way with the old punched paper tape stuff.

Just liking others comments, replying to comments, or making new comments seem the biggest ones to me.  I was a newcomer yesterday and now I’m a stage or two below adept; so essentially how I am at 3d design & printing.  

bobpi
Adept III

Guess I am not doing too bad then... It seems very similar to getting rankings in My Anime List.

Temmy09
Adept I

I wonder how long it'd take me to reach VIP. probably in my next life

awesome

G
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am lvl 12, I can feel power 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am lvl 13 for some time and I feel even more power!

Hurry up guys, you do not know what you are missing!

csb0003
Journeyman III

I hope to level up!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Help other members and it will happen magically.

Doryan
Adept II

Good to know.

Brolaire
Adept I

Man this is a new one for me  Seems unique though. so thats pretty cool

It's like Solaire but I'm a Bro
UncaringPhoenix
Journeyman III

Excited to get ranked up!

IceBeaRX
Adept I

Hey all! I'm Icebearx and new to the site. I'm looking forward to leveling up, participating in sweepstakes, and always looking to upgrade my two gaming rigs

lgndk11r
Adept I

Hey y'all! Hope to contribute, even with my little AMD powered laptop!

ertai222
Journeyman III

Posting so I can rank up.

AP_Stryker
Adept I

Pretty interesting to see the levels here.

Bepo
Journeyman III

thx for info

HoustonSouza
Adept I

I didn't know about these statuses. I want to climb the ladder to the highest.  😎