Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Resources

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Spam and Flood Control Tool: Why your post gets quarantined

Hello, Red Team,

I wanted to take a moment to share some of the reasons why your post may be marked as spam and quarantined.

In addition to the Spam Management feature (which uses a learning algorithm), the community platform uses an automated app called Flood Control to help us combat spam. These tools scan the content (including the subject/title) of new posts on the platform. In addition, and as needed, I and/or our moderators manually do the same, but this manual approach is rare and mainly for unique cases. Also, registered users can “flag” or report a post as spam to moderators if needed.

With the above in mind, your post can be quarantined (automatically marked as spam) if any of the below are true:

1. The content includes banned words (i.e., profanity/cuss words).
  2. Incomplete registration. You may have not verified your email address to complete your registration.
  3. The content includes a string of special characters to convey profanity or cuss word(s).
  4. You try to post a new discussion twice in a very short amount of time*.
  5. You try to post 6 new discussions in one day*.
  6. You copy and paste an existing discussion (or a draft) and try to post in the same or different sub-forum.
  7. The post includes flagged/banned links/URLs to banned or red-flagged websites.

I hope you find this information useful. Thank you for helping us keep our community inclusive where members engage in respectful and constructive discussions, free from profanity, toxicity, and spam/spammers.

(*) - As you can imagine, I can’t share the details/ values of the tools’ algorithms.

@Wally_AMD @BigAl01 @mengelag @cpurpe91 @blazek @Matt_AMD 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
1 Reply
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for making this post @Sam_AMD , This is great information for new members to see if they are wondering what happened to their post. In addition, members can always message one of us if they think their post was flagged as spam by mistake so we can manually go in and look at it.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED