cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

arruda23
Journeyman III

ProRender Engine doesn't appear in the Render Engines List - Blender 2.8

I have a RX 580 8GB card and Ubuntu 18.04. I installed the amdgpu-pro drivers for my Graphics Card when I installed the Ubuntu. After downloading Blender 2.8 I set the OpenCL device for rendering and installed the Radeon ProRender addon. Everything was successfully installed, as you can see in this screenshot.

2019-11-16_12-42.png

But when I open blender I cant find the ProRender option in the Render Engines list. I also tried looking into the "Addons" to see If it is installed but I can't find anything related to AMD Radeon ProRender.

Did I do something wrong? Can someone help me?

Screenshot from 2019-11-16 12-44-41.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
iiixlemmixiii
Journeyman III

I have kind of the same issue on my MacBook Pro. I have installed the Add-on from the file but got the following error message in Blender (screenshot)Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-16 um 18.20.55.pngWould be awesome if somebody could tell me, what I have done wrong.

Have a nice day everyone.

0 Likes

Please post in the Blender forum.  Is the addon in the addon list in preferences?

0 Likes
iiixlemmixiii
Journeyman III

Yes it is.pastedImage_1.png

After Trying to activate it I got this message: pastedImage_2.png

Sorry for posting here- I cannot find the Blender forum- I thought I would already be in that forum.

0 Likes

Just checking.  You have the latest from https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-prorender-downloads  ? 

If so can you possibly open the info window and post the whole error?

0 Likes