Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

dmbamirza8
Journeyman III

Low, Medium and High Render Quality not working

Hi,

I apologize if I am going wrong, but when I change the render quality From Full to Low, Medium, or High; then Blender freezes and I have to close it forcefully.

No matter what I do in the render settings, Blender will always freeze when changing the quality from Full to Low, Medium, or High. However, changing the quality to RPR 2.0 and vice-versa works.

Blender version: 2.90.1

Radeon ProRender version: 2.5.14 and 2.5.7

I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 GPU with the latest drivers installed. 

I read that the High, Medium, and Low qualities use Vulkan rendering and thus require Vulkan compatible GPU(s) or otherwise, the other Render Qualities will not be available. But the Nvidia drivers have Vulkan and OpenCL support and those Render Qualities are available. 

In the SYSTEM CONSOLE (Just after selecting 'LOW' Render Quality), it says:

Writing userprefs: 'C:\Users\Mukul Das\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\config\userpref.blend' ok
2020-09-27 13:39:02,036 INFO rpr.utils.user_settings [13956]: Automatic save user preferences...
Writing userprefs: 'C:\Users\Mukul Das\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\config\userpref.blend' ok

My GPU is old, so I want to know if there is a need to install other things, or Nvidia GPUs or GPUs like mine are incompatible. Actually, I installed the rendering engine for the rasterizing capability but I think that Vulkan rendering is not available for my GPU.

Please help me as I don't know what is happening.

Any reply will be very much appreciated.

My computer (Laptop) specs:

Name: HP Pavillion Gaming 15 bc-406tx

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050

CPU: Intel i5-8300h

Ram: 8 GB

system debug.jpg

radoen prorender low quality freeze.jpgradeon prorender medium quality freeze.jpgradeon prorender high quality freeze.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
bsavery
Staff

The Hybrid (low medium high) modes require 4gb of VRAM.  Unless I'm mistaken the 1050 only has 2gb?

0 Likes

No, I have 4gb of VRAM.

gpu.jpg

gpu properties.jpg

0 Likes