cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

waldo252
Adept I

ProRender Activation error

Trying to activate ProRender in Linux Blender 2.82 and 2.9 the following error shows:pastedImage_1.png

Hence the ProRender cannot bei activated as addon to Blender. Though the libGl.so is on the system.

Any solution to this problem.
Many thanks

Tags (1)
7 Replies
phlixfer
Journeyman III

Re: ProRender Activation error

This needs more attention! I've also been having this exact error while activating, too. Both on the latest beta and the latest stable.

0 Likes
caretaker
Adept II

You have a driver installation issue. I`m guessing that you installed only OpenCL, you have to install vulkan version from amdgpu-pro, not just OpenCL.

Uninstall everything and reinstall the drivers with this command sudo ./amdgpu-pro-install -y --opencl=pal,legacy

This is because RPR code the addon with the amdgpu-pro drivers full and dont use the open ones. i`m not sure they even know that even if its been mentioned before

0 Likes
heston_in_mtl
Adept I

I too have this problem.  I installed the full AMDGPU-PRO stack using the command indicated [sudo ./amdgpu-pro-install -y --opencl=pal,legacy].  I am on Linux Mint 19.3

Here is the output of lspci and glxinfo [pastebin link]

And this is the output of the error message from Blender 2.83.6 :

Screenshot from 2020-09-14 15-22-38.png

Any hints would be appreciated!

Thx

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff
Staff

Hmmm, that error is within the numpy library you have in python.... way deeper.  You might want to try updating numpy manually.

python3 -m pip install numpy --upgrade

from a terminal;

0 Likes
heston_in_mtl
Adept I

Thanks for the hint!  I tried the command and it said I don't even have the pip module.  Mayhaps I can upgrade numpy through apt?

Anyways, I'll go dig deeper regrading my python libraries.  Cheers.

0 Likes
waldo252
Adept I

Driver was installed as described in the instruction and as above shown.

My problem was solved by instaling the numpy.

Nevertheless, I had to find out that all Apps installed with flashpak didnt work anymore.

All that resultet in a kernal crash.

Evnetually switched to a new installation of Linux Mint 20.

System: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana, Kernel: 5.4.0-26-generic x86_64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AMD Vega 20 [Radeon VII] driver: amdgpu v: 5.6.5.20.30

1. installed the latest driver

2. install numpi

3. install apps, but NOT from flashpak

Now everything works (rendering is still not as fast as actually expected).

Regards

waldo

heston_in_mtl
Adept I

Thank you Waldo for sharing your experience!  Looks like I'll just have to upgrade to Mint 20 sooner than I had hoped (the list of reasons keeps getting longer).

Cheers,

-h

0 Likes