cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

shelter
Adept I

Enable bloom in Blender?

Hey, ist there any way to enable bloom in my scene in blender for the ProRender engine?

Or is there a workaround to enable it somehow in the node editor or so?

And when the feature isn't in ProRender, please devs put on the list, that would be so nice

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Would it make more sense to use a composite node for this, like?  Glare Node — Blender Manual 

Man thanks, I didn't even knew of this tab

0 Likes

But why use that when ProRender has it built in? I would like to know if this was implemented in the UI for Blender and if so where? It's not in Compositing either, if it wasn't implemented how else can I use it? Python?

See the manual here:  https://radeon-pro.github.io/RadeonProRenderDocs/en/rif/filters/bloom.htmlBloom Filter — AMD Radeon ...

Bloom Filter

Filter

RIF_IMAGE_FILTER_BLOOM

Description:

One of the filters that help reproduce real-world camera effects. Produces fringes (or feathers) of light extending from the borders of bright areas in an image, contributing to the illusion of an extremely bright light overwhelming the camera or eye capturing the scene.

Parameters:
Parameter - Type - Input/Output Description
radiusfloatinput  Filter radius (relative to image dimensions). Actual radius in pixels is calculated in kernel as radius_in_pixels = image_width * radius.
Value range is [0.01, 1], default value is 0.1.
thresholdfloatinputPixels with values below that wouldn’t be taken into account.
Default value is 0.
weightfloatinputArea sum is multiplied by the weight value.
Default value is 0.1.
decayfloatinputLight intensity decay, default value is 1 (no decay).
0 Likes