cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

drstrip
Journeyman III

access violation error when running OpenCL sample examples

I've uninstalled everythingand run Driver Sweeper. I rebooted and deleted every directory I could find with ATI in it's name. I then reinstalled the 10.7 driver and SDK 2.2

I can now compile the examples and no longer get the unhandled exception. However, now it can't find my devices. I get an OpenCL error

clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

I have a FireGL display card and a FireStream9270.

The FireGL card no longer appears in DeviceManager. The display adapter list has the 9270 and "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter." The display is plugged into the FireGL card and is working at 1600x1200 resolution just fine. I try to search for new hardware and the FireGL still doesn't appear.

0 Likes
HarryH
Journeyman III

you need to install the 10.7b update driver or 10.8 with SDK 2.2

0 Likes
drstrip
Journeyman III

OK, I just installed the 10.8 driver. The install log shows it recognizes the V3750FirePro card present in the unit,. I rebooted and the device manager does not showthe V3750.

I did a clean and compile on the MatrixMulitplication example and it fails with clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND in spite of the presence of both the V3750 and a Firestream 9270 (which is recognized by the device manager).

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: drstrip OK, I just installed the 10.8 driver. The install log shows it recognizes the V3750FirePro card present in the unit,. I rebooted and the device manager does not showthe V3750.

I did a clean and compile on the MatrixMulitplication example and it fails with clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND in spite of the presence of both the V3750 and a Firestream 9270 (which is recognized by the device manager).

Are you able to run CAL samples?  Please run FindNumDevices sample from CAL sample.

It should display number of devices found is 2.  Driver is not installed properly if it is not 2.

0 Likes
drstrip
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: genaganna

Are you able to run CAL samples?  Please run FindNumDevices sample from CAL sample.

It should display number of devices found is 2.  Driver is not installed properly if it is not 2.

FindNumDevices returns 0, so apparently this means that driver is not installed properly. Thus the question becomes, how does one properly install the driver.

On this install I first uninstalled the SDK, profiler, and stream analyzer, deleted the leftover directories, uninstalled the display drivers,  and ran Driver Sweeper. I then installed the 10.8 driver, then installed the SDK, all using the Catalyst installer in express mode.

How do I install properly?

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: drstrip

FindNumDevices returns 0, so apparently this means that driver is not installed properly. Thus the question becomes, how does one properly install the driver.

On this install I first uninstalled the SDK, profiler, and stream analyzer, deleted the leftover directories, uninstalled the display drivers,  and ran Driver Sweeper. I then installed the 10.8 driver, then installed the SDK, all using the Catalyst installer in express mode.

How do I install properly?

Reboot after running driver sweeper and then install driver.

0 Likes
drstrip
Journeyman III

this is getting tedious.

The V3750 does not appear under displays in device manager, so there is nothing to uninstall, I hope. The 9270 appears under displays. I select uninstall for the driver and also check delete the files. When that completes I run Driver Sweeper. As a precaution I use Driver Sweeper to analyze for nVidia drivers and only the RAID driver is found. Driver Sweeper asks to reboot cleaning ATI files, I click OK. When I reboot the 9270 still appears under the displays and driver details point to a variety of ATI*.dll files. I delete again, run Driver Sweeper, reboot. After about 4 times, I no longer see either the 9270 or the V3750, but rather two generic VGA displays. One runs some generic Windows driver (so I'm still getting 1600x1200 resolution). I run the 10.8 installer for Vista/Win 7. Install goes fine and then I reboot. Device manager lists the 9270 with ATI drivers, and a second display as a standard VGA display, still using the generic Windows driver.

I have also tried this sequence by first deleting the drivers, then rebooting in safe mode to run Driver Sweeper. Still the same result -

FindNumDevices is still returning 0.

This is getting frustrating and disappointing that a system that worked perfectly fine under SDK2.1 and Catalyst 9.7 has consumed hours of my time just because I tried to install the new release.

What do I need to try next? Should I physcally removethe 9270 before trying? I can't remove the 3270, otherwise I end up with no graphics adapter. Is there something else to uninstall? I'm uninstalling the display drivers by openning the device manager, selecting the display and clicking "uninstall". Is this right?

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: drstrip this is getting tedious.

The V3750 does not appear under displays in device manager, so there is nothing to uninstall, I hope. The 9270 appears under displays. I select uninstall for the driver and also check delete the files. When that completes I run Driver Sweeper. As a precaution I use Driver Sweeper to analyze for nVidia drivers and only the RAID driver is found. Driver Sweeper asks to reboot cleaning ATI files, I click OK. When I reboot the 9270 still appears under the displays and driver details point to a variety of ATI*.dll files. I delete again, run Driver Sweeper, reboot. After about 4 times, I no longer see either the 9270 or the V3750, but rather two generic VGA displays. One runs some generic Windows driver (so I'm still getting 1600x1200 resolution). I run the 10.8 installer for Vista/Win 7. Install goes fine and then I reboot. Device manager lists the 9270 with ATI drivers, and a second display as a standard VGA display, still using the generic Windows driver.

I have also tried this sequence by first deleting the drivers, then rebooting in safe mode to run Driver Sweeper. Still the same result -

FindNumDevices is still returning 0.

This is getting frustrating and disappointing that a system that worked perfectly fine under SDK2.1 and Catalyst 9.7 has consumed hours of my time just because I tried to install the new release.

What do I need to try next? Should I physcally removethe 9270 before trying? I can't remove the 3270, otherwise I end up with no graphics adapter. Is there something else to uninstall? I'm uninstalling the display drivers by openning the device manager, selecting the display and clicking "uninstall". Is this right?

Please uninstall from 10.8 driver.  When you click installer, it will show two options(install and uninstall).  Please select first uninstall and remove all ATI softwares.  after that you install again.

0 Likes
drstrip
Journeyman III

I uninstalled using the Catlyst installer and reboot. I run Driver Sweeper, which finds nothing. I resinstall, reboot, still fails to find devices. Check device manager, 9270 is there, but no V3750, but a standard VGA graphics adapter running MS driver 6.0.6001.18000

I uninstall again, shut down. I physically remove the 9270 card, then boot. I then install 10.8. Install log shows V3750 device. FindNumDevices finds nothing, Device Manager shows std VFA graphics adapter running MS driver.

Uninstall via Catalyst 10.8 installer, confirm with Driver Sweeper, reboot. Run Catalyst 10.7 installer. Installer finds nothing to install, apparently it can't find the V3750 card.

This time I set msconfig to boot in safe mode, uninstall the std VGA adpater driver, and reboot into safe mode. I try to install Catalyst 10.8, but apparently you can't do this in Safe Mode, as the detection service for finding devices doesn't work.

Install again with 10.8 . Log shows it detects V3750, but apparently doesn't install driver. I run 10.8 again and try uninstall. Claims there is nothing to uninstall.

I'm lost.

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: drstrip I uninstalled using the Catlyst installer and reboot. I run Driver Sweeper, which finds nothing. I resinstall, reboot, still fails to find devices. Check device manager, 9270 is there, but no V3750, but a standard VGA graphics adapter running MS driver 6.0.6001.18000

I uninstall again, shut down. I physically remove the 9270 card, then boot. I then install 10.8. Install log shows V3750 device. FindNumDevices finds nothing, Device Manager shows std VFA graphics adapter running MS driver.

Uninstall via Catalyst 10.8 installer, confirm with Driver Sweeper, reboot. Run Catalyst 10.7 installer. Installer finds nothing to install, apparently it can't find the V3750 card.

This time I set msconfig to boot in safe mode, uninstall the std VGA adpater driver, and reboot into safe mode. I try to install Catalyst 10.8, but apparently you can't do this in Safe Mode, as the detection service for finding devices doesn't work.

Install again with 10.8 . Log shows it detects V3750, but apparently doesn't install driver. I run 10.8 again and try uninstall. Claims there is nothing to uninstall.

I'm lost.

Drstrip,

Please install 10.7b driver which resolves your issue.

0 Likes