cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

Missing material library

I installed the 2.3 release of ProRender for 3ds Max and also the newer public-beta build 2.3.391.  Both of these seem to be missing the large, shipping material library that has been present in the previous releases.  I am not sure if this is completely absent or if there are incorrect pointers (I dont know where this *.MAT file resides by default).

Gary M. Davis
AMD RTG BU | Radeon PRO
0 Likes
1 Solution
bsavery
Staff

We are fixing this with the upcoming release.  Stay tuned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Hi Gary.  We've seen this before if you install as an admin and then use the plugin as another user.  Is that the case here?

0 Likes

I only have one user on most of my systems (Username is my name but is full Windows administrator).  I have the same setup and result on multiple systems - one is an older Win7 laptop (w/ NVIDIA gpu) and another that is a newer Win10 (w/ AMDRadeon Pro WX7100).

Gary M. Davis
AMD RTG BU | Radeon PRO
0 Likes

I have the same problem, installed Radeon Render for 3ds Max and all of the folders installed by it are empty. Some lighting can be added but others ask for files that don't exist, like Image Based Lighting Maps. Materials like woods show up in the browser with the concrete preview. Loading such models later displays a warning about bitmaps missing. This happens on a Windows 10 Pro installation with only the admin account.

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

We are fixing this with the upcoming release.  Stay tuned.

0 Likes

Do you have a time frame for that?

0 Likes
skye1989
Journeyman III

Hello, I recently downloaded material library for 3Ds Max, materials are there but they are all missing bitmap textures.

We are still missing the materials

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi Lavadrop, 

I was able to reproduce this issue on my side. It seems to happen in Max 2019 and 2020 for me. 

0 Likes