cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

rancax
Adept II

AGAIN - PRORENDER DOESN'T RECOGNIZE GRAPHIC CARD>!>! any help?

As earlier I asked about this problem. IN past there was no problems regarding max and prorender and r9 380x card - but early in march - driver that was released around that date just doesn't function - along with the newest drivers!!!!
tried clean uninstall - no luck
tried rolling back to earlier drivers somewhat around January (release date) - no luck
tried latest drivers still no luck!!!!

prorender just see cpu - no gpu option.... as well as 2.7 version!!!!
max is 2020 with latest update... 
Reinstall of 3dsmax along with plugins is just not desirable option - so is there any help? 
can staff look up any - logs or whatever it is that is to look up in situations like this?!?

thnks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
bsavery
Staff

Hi there.  Brian here.  (I help run the RPR project)

I apologize about the confusion.  RPR itself (not just the plugin) removed compatibility for R9 Fury cards due to various issues with OpenCL in their driver.  This wasn't updated in the device compatibility list, I'll make sure that gets updated.  

If you want I can try and find an older build that works with them.  You think 2.5 is ok?

Brian

View solution in original post

43 Replies

I would suggest in the future that anyone connected with RPR Project or AMD should indicate his credentials in the reply like you did to prevent any future confusions.

0 Likes

Brian, thnks for answer and effort to put official info about r9 cards compatibility - I have just pick up rtx 2070 super, tried maxwell and redshift - works awesome! If I revert to prorender again - will definitely roll here to community if some new question arises
cheers

0 Likes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pSY68FmWe_l90vqXzP_nN_3C5uqVXqhY  Here is a build for 2.5.433 I found.  Please let me know if this works. 

Can you fix\reupload pls? link is broken