cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

svitkazok
Adept I

Who knows when the new version will be released?

Because the current version 2.7 does not work with 3max on my computer with video cards RX570. Although ProRender works fine in my Blender.

0 Likes
6 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Could you provide information regarding the issue you are having?

Also please provide your system specs and the version of 3ds Max you are running

0 Likes
svitkazok
Adept I

The problem is that after installation the Prorender does not see my video cards. Then, with any action, error 18 appears. I tried it on 3ds Max 2019 and 2020. I have Win 10 Pro 2004, with all updates until July 17th. And the latest version of Andrenaline. Ryzen 7 2700x, 2xRX570.

0 Likes
svitkazok
Adept I

Someone has a Proprender running on a RX570?

0 Likes
tcheng
Adept I

They need to build it out first, but pro render for 3DS Max hasn't had any significant updates in a while.  I only see continual improvements for Blender and Maya only.  You should look at Cycles for 3ds max, the developer is fairly active, easy to contact, and you will see constant updates to it.   It should support your AMD card too.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, Cycles for Max does NOT support AMD GPU's (aka, its not coded to make use of OpenCL)... its only using CUDA and its requiring a CUDA compatible GPU (Nvidia).

deksman2
Adept II

We need a new ProRender for Max 2021.
I'm using this version of Max for my course and I could use my GPU (Vega 56) to render stuff out faster than on the CPU.

0 Likes