cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

admin
Adept II

Re: AGAIN - PRORENDER DOESN'T RECOGNIZE GRAPHIC CARD>!>! any help?

Jump to solution

I think AMD is crazy.
until 3 days ago with the old realease plugins everything worked with supported and unsupported card ...

today they decided to change the world.

it doesn't seem very correct .

that's the way and people buy Nvdia..........

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Hi there.  Brian here.  (I help run the RPR project)

I apologize about the confusion.  RPR itself (not just the plugin) removed compatibility for R9 Fury cards due to various issues with OpenCL in their driver.  This wasn't updated in the device compatibility list, I'll make sure that gets updated.  

If you want I can try and find an older build that works with them.  You think 2.5 is ok?

Brian

View solution in original post

admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi,
yes the 2.5 would be ok for windows 10 64!
if you also had a 2.6 already filled it would be fantastic for those like me who love our dear gpu cards.

I saw your work on github and I congratulate you most sincerely!

it would also be nice to have a more detailed guide to fill in your work even for the less experienced.

Thanks for your kind reply.

mic.silvestri73------------@-----------gmail.com

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

Brian, thnks for answer and effort to put official info about r9 cards compatibility - I have just pick up rtx 2070 super, tried maxwell and redshift - works awesome! If I revert to prorender again - will definitely roll here to community if some new question arises
cheers

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I'll look around for that.  In the future old versions will all be on github

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

In your correct reply you just mentioned that the R9 Fury GPUs were incompatible. Does that also include Non-Fury R9 GPUs?

Reason I am asking since both Users in this thread have Non-Fury R9 which ProRender didn't recognize.

rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

hell yeah r9 380x > ?

david s - said r9 non fury are included in ''not to work or not compatible'' - is this valid since we all got concluded that he is not amd employee, regular user or some sort of imposter? 
It doesn't matter for me really since I got 2070 , just asking for second pc I've got?
clever question elstaci

bsavery
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

David works on ProRender and is very good at helping to support users!  What he has said is correct.  

We no longer test on R9 Fury cards or anything before Rx 400 cards:  List of AMD graphics processing units - Wikipedia   What we call "Polaris" chips.  

Now to be clear ProRender might still work on these, but in some cases definitely does not.  Hope that helps.  We're updating the compatibility list on our website to be more clear.

rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

o.k, then my apologies to david_s - did not mean to insult anyone - it was just a misunderstanding.
thnkss for clear answer and effort.
cheers

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification on the R9 GPUs and DAVID_S.

I updated my thread at General Discussions adding your reply clarifying both and also an apology to DAVID_S.

0 Likes