cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

david_s
Challenger

Re: AGAIN - PRORENDER DOESN'T RECOGNIZE GRAPHIC CARD>!>! any help?

Jump to solution

Hi,

After speaking with Developers these GPUs are no longer supported by ProRender, We currently do not have any older builds that would support these cards.

rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi,

Wait?  - are you talking about r9 380x regarding my problem or what? 

0 Likes
david_s
Challenger

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes the older R9 cards are no longer supported

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

If AMD decided to make some older previous GPU cards incompatible and not supported with the latest ProRender they should have a very visible Notice for Users to be aware that their previous compatible GPUs are now incompatible and not supported.

Obviously that new requirement wasn't passed down since you weren't aware of it yourself.

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Well I guess you have a choice to either upgrade your AMD GPU or find another GPU that is compatible and supported.

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

so you are talking aboud series 2 and 3 right? 

quote> '' We currently do not have any older builds that would support these cards'' - how is that possible since 2.5 is older version and it was working just fine? 
Sorry but that is just outrageous = r9 card do meet at least minimum system requirements as stated on site '' 

• Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 required for GPUs
  • AMD graphics cards are recommended ''
  • 380x has opencl 2.0 support as I recall > and why is this stated > ''Compatible AMD Graphics Hardware:
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, Radeon™ RX series graphics cards, R9 Fury series graphics cards, R9 Nano graphics, R9 300 series graphics cards, R9 290X graphics, R9 290 graphics, R9 285 graphics, R9 280X graphics, R9 280 graphics''

This is a bit ''not fair'' regarding amd? is it? 

your own cards are not supported but nvidia's from past two years are???
c'mon...

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

well if that is a thing, I'm saying goodbye amd hello nvidia - regarding anyway all major gpu renderers use cuda so... 

for me amd never again...

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Opened a new AMD Forum Thread at General Discussion‌ to warn other Users that the R9 Series GPU cards are now not supported by ProRender. Linked this Thread on the new thread.

rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

way a go man  they should've done this as you did - they should have posted this and update site let say at least three months ago but... non the less - great thing very helpful

admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

I just want links to download the old 3ds max plugins. 

I don't ask for the moon.:-)

I asked technical support ... my question was explicit and simple ... they answered me with another question. :-(((
can you help me ..

i see that radeon pro render is open source.
thanks