cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

rancax
Adept II

Re: AGAIN - PRORENDER DOESN'T RECOGNIZE GRAPHIC CARD>!>! any help?

Jump to solution

ha! he caught last train

thnks again for answer and link - I contacted them and will see what next

admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi, and thanks for the replies. I tried to search on github ... I can't find anything! it is not possible that amd does not release the old plugins too! please help me. I'm as angry as you are. but did you manage to solve the problem? have you tried the old plugin before the last one?

until yesterday it worked like this

radeon pro render - hd7950 - 15 maggio 2020 - Album on Imgur 

0 Likes
admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi, and thanks for the replies. I tried to search on github ... I can't find anything!

it is not possible that amd does not release the old plugins too!

please help me.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I suggest you do the same thing rancax‌ has done and open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and see if they will give you a download link for a previous 3DS MAX ProRender Plug-in: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
david_s
Challenger

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've forwarded this issue to our developers for investigation.

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

o.k - since I have just got mail from amd tech support - and they redirected me here on forum once again. I just hope this problem will not go ''bouncing ball style'' - from one place to another/ tech supp. to forums... as I said - as a last measure - I will try to reinstall whole thing just if any - possibilities not to do that since it's a pain to do that if it could be avoidable
thnks

0 Likes
admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi rancax,

yesterday I also wrote to amd technical support they assigned me a ticket ... let's see ...
i tested radeon pro render 2.7.2 on my small laptop acer  nitro5 -i5- nvida gx150 (gpu not certified) and it works perfectly with 3ds max 2019.
it makes me angry that a render engine for amd doesn't work with its old or new gpu.

if you find information about old plugins tell me. amd has removed all old links on github and more. this makes me angry.

ps: I keep writing here as a guest because captcha signup doesn't work. I think it's a poor b2b platform.

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi again,

Well amd official support wrote me back and redirected me here - david s said it would be passed to developers to see about current problem... so just have to wait to unroll the situtation... Maybe the will reditrect you too here , don't know... 

Agree as you said - render engine from house where their cards originated from but - maybe max got messed because microsoft updates - who knows, or it's just my system got messed somehow ''magically'' ... 
As for earlier versions - they should make a history repository for older versions but it's theirs decision... your best bet is amd support = if they dont give you satisfied answer contact them again... not much to say sorry

0 Likes
admin
Adept II

Jump to solution

I don't think it's a max or windows problem.

and I definitely don't do a fresh install to try...

on my laptop it works perfectly and has the same versions of windows and 3ds max.

no difference except the gpu:

laptop -> nvidia gx150 (work);

desktop -> amd r9 280 (not work)

0 Likes
rancax
Adept II

Jump to solution

Maybe you're right for max not to be blamed for or win - I agree but, I'm not programmer so can not tell with 100% accuracy... I agree and suspect the same as you do, but don't know... just have to wait to hear from developers... 
As for official support I think they should provide you with earlier versions of prorender to try... I guess... 

0 Likes