AMD is excited to release the 5th Generation of our Software: AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition. Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 continues to be focused on developing the best tools and experiences for gamer's, developers and professionals making it the ultimate tool to explore the full power of your AMD Radeon™ GPU - unlocking new levels of adjustment & tunability, unleashing powerful performance, and providing leading-edge stability.
AMD takes Driver Stability3 very seriously and has made it one of the core priorities in support of AMD’s Radeon™ GPUs. We worry about your games and applications, so you won’t have to. AMD has delivered support for over 100 AAA games at launch with Day-0 drivers* to make sure we are delivering the best gaming experience possible
Over the last 4 years, we have greatly focused on improving our features and performance to deliver the best gaming experience. Starting with performance, we’ve gained up to 15% average performance1 improvement since the last Adrenalin launch.
*See end notes for Details
AMD’s driver development is driven by our Customer feedback. We are always listening to our users to see what features work, what doesn’t, and what new features are most important to them. AMD’s Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition introduces extraordinary new features, control and adjustment to your Radeon™ GPU providing AMD’s best graphics experience ever.
AMD Radeon™ Advisors
• Upgrade Advisor: tells you whether your system meets the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for your games—and offers suggestions for hardware upgrades if needed.
• Radeon™ Settings Advisor: helps make sure your system and display settings are optimally configured for the best gaming experience. It can enable a host of recommended settings with a single click.
• Radeon™ Game Advisor: is a simple, wizard-like tool that walks gamer's through the process of tuning their games for the optimal mix of fluid animation and visual fidelity.
- The ground-breaking AMD Link mobile app introduces Radeon™ ReLive game streaming, allowing you to stream games and video from your PC to your mobile phone, tablet, or stand-alone VR headset*.
- Control Radeon™ ReLive, monitor PC performance, and play back your gallery videos on your mobile device.
- AMD Link has been redesigned for easier connections and a streamlined user interface, including simple voice commands.
- Free on both Android and iOS devices
AMD Radeon™ ReLive
- Capture, stream, and share your greatest gaming moments wherever you want to play.
Radeon™ ReLive introduces game and video streaming from your PC to favorite mobile or VR device*, GIF sharing, instant replays, custom overlays, a broader range of supported streaming services, and support for Hybrid Graphics.
AMD Radeon™ Overlay
- Radeon™ Overlay lets gamers take performance to the next level with the ability to monitor, record, and fine-tune their gameplay without ever leaving the game.
- Radeon™ Overlay provides one-click access to your Radeon™ Software ecosystem including: Radeon™ ReLive, Performance Monitoring, Radeon™ Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon FreeSync™ technology4, Color Settings, and now Radeon™ WattMan2, Radeon™ Enhanced Sync technology, and Radeon™ Game Advisor.
Radeon™ WattMan Technology
- One-click auto GPU overclocking2, Auto memory overclocking2 and Auto GPU undervolting
- Expanded UI integration in Radeon™ Overlay Link and Radeon Settings
- Unlocked Vega DPM States offering ability to control per state power management for Radeon™ RX Vega series products
- Memory tuning support allowing optimization for memory bound/compute-based applications
- Improved fan control – adjust fan speeds with temperature dependent fan curves and zero rpm fan control
AMD Radeon™ Chill
- Radeon™ Chill, the dynamic power-saving tool, just got even cooler. Radeon™ Chill has been revamped to fine-tune power savings per DPM state, saving even more power 5 while delivering the same amazing experience.
- Installing AMD Radeon™ Software has never been easier with the new one-click Installation experience.
Download Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, it’s our biggest and best software release so far. Explore your Adrenalin Rush today.
Learn more about AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition:
Jay Marsden is Manager of Radeon Software Marketing at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied.
- Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 18, 2018 on the 4GB Radeon™ RX 570, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Running Assassin’s Creed Odyssey(DX11), Battlefield V (DX11), Call of Duty: World War II(DX11), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided(Dx11), F1 2018(Dx11),FarCry 5 (DX11), Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Monster Hunter: World(DX11), Shadow of the Tomb Raider(DX12), Star Control: Origins (DX11) With the ultra-preset (or comparable) at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX 570 running 17.12.1 scored 28,62.5,90.7,63.7,58,65,48.1,46.5,51.8,47.3 FPS in titles listed above respectively, while 18.12.2 scored 31,86.7,110.1,67.3,64,70,51.5,52,59.5,58.7 FPS respectively. Therefore, 18.12.1 shows a 11%, 39%, 21%, 6%, 10%, 8%, 7%, 12%, 15%, 24% performance increase respectively. Comparing performance, 18.12. 2 shows up to 15% greater efficiency in select titles, than 17.12.1. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-262
- Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106
- “Graphics Driver Quality – Determination of Stability from Leading Market Vendors”- https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/graphics-driver-quality.pdf
- In May 2018, AMD commissioned QA Consultants to independently evaluate the stability of several of the latest graphics drivers from both AMD and NVIDIA.
- Requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127
- Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 15th, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega 64, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With the Epic-preset on Fortnite at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 242 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 241 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. With the Epic-preset on Overwatch at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 180 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 221 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. With the ultra-preset on PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUND at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 consumed 162.5 watts with Radeon™ Chill enabled whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 110.5 watts with Radeon™ Chill disabled. Lowering power consumption in Fornite by 14%, in Overwatch by 47% and PLAYERS’ UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS by 40% respectively. On average, on select titles 18.12. 2 lowers power consumption with Radeon™ Chill enabled by up to 20%. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-261
- In May 2018, AMD commissioned QA Consultants to evaluate the stability of several of the latest graphics drivers from both AMD and NVIDIA.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of noninfringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale. GD-18
* Requires HTC Vive Focus, or phone which supports Google Daydream (Android 7.0). For VR connectivity, an 802.11ac router or access point is required. Compatible with AMD Radeon™ RX 470, RX 570, RX 480, RX 580, RX 590 & RX Vega series products & supports Windows® 10
**From Catalyst Omega 14.501 (Dec 2014) to Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 (Dec 2018) © 2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DirectX is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos. OpenGL is a registered trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc. used by permission by Khronos. Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of Khronos Group, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.