9 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2008 10:14 PM by michael.chu

CAL on linux

JeremyL
      Hi,
      I'm trying to use CAL samples on Linux but it doesn't work.

In the beginning of the sample, the function CALinit() gives back an error message segmentation fault.

I tried this on RedHat 4.4 and on ubuntu (debian)

Config:

Motherboard : MSI P6NDiamond
      Processor : Intel Q6600
      GC : HD 2900 XT (Catalyst 8.3)
      RAM : 4*2GB DDR2 800

Thanks in advance for your replies
        • CAL on linux
          michael.chu
          Hi Jeremy,

Currently, the AMD Stream SDK (which includes CAL) does not yet support Linux. Linux support will be out in v1.0 later in April.

Michael.
            • CAL on linux
              alorenz

Any update on the release for linux?

• CAL on linux
                  michael.chu
                  Hi alorenz,

v1.1-beta is looking like in the next 2 weeks or so. Our AEs have tried it out on RHEL 5.1 64-bit and SLES 10 SP1 and it seems to run okay. We are trying it with a few select partners over the next week while the Brook+/CAL teams clean up the last few bugs they need to get to for this release.

It's looking good! Stay tuned...

Michael.
                    • CAL on linux
                      alorenz

Michael,

pinging you for un update on linux , and also some questions.

How many developers are working on the "AMD stream" development ? Are they blogging at all on the direction for the stream development ? if so what is the link.  The main Amd link for blogging goes to what I would case a casual news release, that is updated in frequencty.  Thanks for any update .

Allen

• CAL on linux
                          michael.chu
                          Hi Allen,

I apologize for the wait.

Unless engineering finds anything major early next week is our scheduled release date. It will come out on our FTP site first with the website updated as soon as possible after that.

In terms of developers, are you talking about outside of AMD working on applications? If so, we have had hundreds to thousands of downloads. However, not everyone comes to the forums.

We have just started an AMD Stream blog and I need to get that up and going with some regular news updates. Suggestions for topics you'd like to see are certainly welcome! :-)

Michael.