cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

totoplaymc
Journeyman III

My RX 570 4gb doesnt work right

i bought this card around a month ago and turns out my pc didnt a a uefi compatible mobo so i got a new one better cpu  and a uefi mobo and then i needed an adapter for my power supply to work i order one which brings us to today i get the adapter put it in my system put the card in the slot plug in the pcie power cable and... nothing im not sure whats wrong but then i get a signal on my monitors tho it doesnt look good it booted and i saw the dell logo and the spinning dots tho two parts of the screen are filled with green lines and the dots freeze so iim stuck with a probable broken card and a frozen screen  it works without the card and the cables work with the mobos ports so im not really sure what could have caused it i can link a picture if needed of the screen.

0 Likes
2 Replies

If you need an adapter for PCIe power connectors, then your PSU is -way- too old to be running  that card and should be replaced by a QUALITY, modern unit. I would suggest one with the Corsair brand on it for someone budget conscious.

0 Likes

no the adapter was for my mobo as it is from an optiplex 7020 my psu is a thermaltake smart 500watt unit

0 Likes