Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

prometheuscz
Journeyman III

Stable driver after windows reinstall?

Hi there!

I just reinstalled windows on my pc for a fresh feeling of summer. Unfortunetly I can't get a stable version of AMD drivers for some reason. I have the gigabyte 5700xt. I was running on version 20.2.2 before reinstalation without any problem (any newer version introduced stuttering and lags in games, mostly Destiny 2). Now when I install the same version, I have stutters and FPS drops and sometimes the game just crashes. I always use DDU before installing a different version in safe mode ofc. I have already tried 20.2.2, 20.2.1, 20.3.1, 20.4.2 and 20.5.1. Im running out of ideas now, some ideas please?

My rig: Ryzen 5 2600

AsRock b450m PRO4

HyperX 16Gb 2666MHz

550w EVGA B3 PSU

Mostly playing Overwatch and Destiny 2.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
botschafter
Journeyman III

I have a RX 580 on a X470 Board and had similar problems. It even git worse when Windows were extreme slow after boot, I mean 3 Minutes to open the start menu etc.

After some days now, I found the problem: the radeon software!
So I uninstalled the radeon software which uninstalled the driver automatically, in the device manager i had the windows default graphic driver after the uninstallation of the radeon software.

Now I installed the driver via device manager, you can find the driver in C:\AMD\

In my case it was C:\AMD\AMD_Radeon_Installer_20.1.3\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\

I had to remove the .cat and .inf starting with a C so only the one starting with U were present.
I dont know what there are for, the C inf is larger than the U inf and had lots of R300 config in, maybe support for older cards?!

After that I could install the driver via the device manager without radeon software.
That was 2 days ago and my system is running better than ever before. No more lags in windows, no black screens, netflix in Edge does not fail or stutter anymore etc.
All the evil comes from this bloatware!

0 Likes

tried that, but didnt help :/ thanks for the effort tho.

0 Likes