Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

teknoist
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT FreeSync black screen issue

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT and dual Acer Nitro VG271UPbmiipx 144Hz FreeSync enabled monitors and I'm having a strange issue regarding FreeSync and black screen stuttering, although seemingly not uncommon I've yet to find a solution which works for me.

Whenever opening a game from a cold boot (by cold boot I mean full power off and left off for a few minutes) the black screen stuttering will occur with any interaction (occurs with CS:GO and WoW). If I turn FreeSync off, the problem goes away. Also this did not seem to occur when the monitors were set to 60Hz.

The problem is always resolved on a reboot (reloading GFX drivers does not seem to work). But this solution is annoying at best... and particularly after my first PC component upgrade in quite a while

I've tried a number of v19 and v20 Radeon drivers and the problem persists (with and without the bloated software). DDU''d several times both nvidia and AMD. I've also installed the monitor drivers from the Acer website.

Some more details:

Windows 10 64bit

Both monitors connected via HDMI (issue occurs on both monitors)

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO mobo with i7-2600K (Yes old, this was step one of upgrading my PC whilst improving my working from home experience..)

850W Corsair PSU

Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
teknoist
Journeyman III

Just to note I seem to have resolved the issue by turning off fast start up in Windows power options.

0 Likes

The same Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT (20.5.1 drivers) black screen problem here. In my case, it comes when trying to use SnagIt capture (v2020 1.3 64 bit). Turning off start startup in Windows Power Options did not help in my case. So, for my particular non-gaming use, disabling FreeSync helps but if I try playing games, I surely want to have freesync. As it was mentioned, after a reboot it works ok but then after some time, the problem comes back. It could be so after a screensaver or after the computer comes back from sleep.

0 Likes