cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

averion
Newcomer

[Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+ OC SE 8GB GDDR6] Static green screen in HDMI connection - HDMI handshake issue

Hi, I have Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+ OC SE 8GB GDDR6 connected via HDMI UNITEK C137W (HDMI 2.1) to a 1920x1080 monitor BenQ GL2250H. I have been receiving the occasional green screen on the monitor, which upon my research turns out to be the "HDMI handshake" being the issue here. Upon replugging the HDMI cable out and into the very same HDMI port in the GPU it works again.

I have replaced my HDMI cable earlier to the current one, however today I've just received this issue again on the new cable after many days of no green screen.

My frequently ran software on the desktop includes: Microsoft Edge (Chromium version), Discord, Steam, Razer Central, Logitech G Hub. These are mostly present when this issue occurs. Except today's issue did not include Steam in it.

All the other GPU functions work neat, I'm receiving great FPS and it's not been heating while under workload. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Edit: Considering how recent the GPU is compared to the monitor that might be some kind of speed limitation or unsupported HDCP. That's just my two cents of ideas on what could be going on.

Also post-green screen I also opened up the PC and ensured GPU power cables are fully plugged in (they seemed so before, but who knows). Hopefully that resolves it, however additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies