Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ddmeltzer8
Adept I

1.4v too high on 3700x?

Hi.

After seeing a comment by BuildZoid about chip degradation due to voltages of high 1.30's,i went to check my own 3700x.What i found was a bit scary.RyzenMaster shows 1.44 now.Im only browsing!Firefox is the only thing open.I havent done any manual OC'ing on the cpu.

Is this 100% safe in the long run?

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 Replies
papoulka
Adept I

Do some research on this question, which has been asked and answered many times.  Briefly - you're OK.

Also, while Buildzoid is certainly an expert on his material, his interests and perspective don't overlap yours (or mine) very much.  You can easily be misled and waste a lot of time and concern over what you thought he meant.  You chose a very good chip.  My advice is to enable XMP and PBO, set LLC to 8, and let all the other Ryzen goodness do its job.

0 Likes

first,u shouldnt assume that people dont know what they talk about.i dont

THINK he meant anything.

second,what has xmp to do with the vcore?

third,pbo is already enabled.

0 Likes

•  I answered your question directly.

•  I informed you that lots more info is available if you bother to look.

•  I gave you sensible advice on setting up your BIOS.

•  I gave you sensible advice on Buildzoid that will save you time and worry.

•  I didn't assume that you don't know what you're talking about - that wasn't necessary.

No thanks from you, of course.  Overall, it's unlikely that anyone will waste their time doing the research and then explaining it all to you, but you can hope.

0 Likes

no wonder ur forum is what it is...

0 Likes
zx128k
Adept I

Given FIT maximum voltage is meant to be between 1.306-1.344volts.  1.4volts is a lot higher.  Caseking are rock and roll at 1.4volts @ 4.3GHz on the 3700x.  There are also reports of people with degradation for running their cpu vcore above FIT.  Me personally, I have no idea whats safe, AMD knows for sure.

0 Likes

thats for all core voltage,yes?how do i know thats what i have?

cheers.

0 Likes

You can use Ryzen master or HWiNFO64.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This was addressed previously (What is the maximum safe voltage?) and the answer can be found here

You can also find some additional information relating to Ryzen behaviour and voltage control in the Community Brief 5 here

zx128k
Adept I

I asked AMD about overclocking and got this reply.

Thanks for the email.

Please be informed that the maximum safe temperature for Ryzen 3800X is 95 Degree C as of temperature is  1.426 V .

Thanks for contacting AMD.

0 Likes

What was your service request number please?

0 Likes

[8200942637] boss.  I can't work out how to pm you the full email and if I add anything else here I have to wait for moderation.

0 Likes

It's okay that's enough.

I hope the links i provided help, in short the default voltage used by the processor is perfectly safe.

0 Likes

so the answer zx got from amd is not correct?

0 Likes