cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bmangin8251
Adept I

Help with 5600xt upgrade(NO INPUT to DISPLAY did not show device manager)

I have been running a HD8490 on a HTPC / NAS I built a while back. I have updated all the chipset and windows drivers so that they are all current except the HD8490 which I uninstalled its driver.

Processor = Ryzen R5-2600

mb = asus x470 hero vii

PSU =seasonic prime gold 550w

GPU HD8490

WINDOWS 10 1909

I am attempting to install a Power Color red devil 5600xt.

I don't see the post or anything else when powering up on any display cable or port I have attempted with

I can only get a signal when the HD8940 is installed.

The 5600xt does light up its RGB and the fans run.

I DDU'd the old drivers off and shutdown to swap the cards as it recommends.

Do I need to install new driver software before shutting down or do you think I have a dead 5600xt.

I have tried multiple cables ports monitors yet NO JOY. 

I attempted switching bios via switch. NO JOY

I also attempted to swap it into a known good PCI-E slot , put the HD8490 in the main GPU pcie slot and started it up to see if I could detect it with Device Manager. Display yes detected no :NO JOY

0 Likes
1 Solution
bmangin8251
Adept I

It's the Motherboard did a swap on another computer no drivers no bios messing around worked perfect.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
bmangin8251
Adept I

Also I was looking and I attempted to update to 20.1.3 before and it would not complete it with just the HD8490.

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

I have since start with my prior graphics card and the 5600xt in the system I removed all the drivers and attempt to install 20.1.3 Driver no joy it thinks I only had HD8940, ... so then I tried adjusting PCI slots to gen 3 then to gen 2 the card will not show the bios or anything after... If this is not the definition of a dead card I would be very surprised. Does nuking Windows really work if it can't get to bios? I have tried boot installers of ubuntu linux server it will not display either.

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

same thing happened to me until i turned off integrated in the bios.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

I do not have a display port on motherboard, and no matter how long I search for for it in asus is bios I can not find any igpu/integrated etc.

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

with card installed Motherboard shows AA so I think it boots to windows yet , I get a no signal message / black screen.

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

I installed CentOs Harddrive, Verified it was booting directly to, I am able to ssh in to the machine no issues except no display from this machine. I am pretty sure this GPU is DEAD.

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

I am sending back, round two starts Monday when I receive the replacement. I guess if the card can't show the BIOS and everything else works DRIVERS can't fix it. 

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

Also since I wasn't using power from the PSU on my other GPU, I test all the connections was getting 12.1 volts and all the grounds checked out.

0 Likes
bmangin8251
Adept I

It's the Motherboard did a swap on another computer no drivers no bios messing around worked perfect.

which motherboard is it exactly?

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Sorry its been a while,  Asus x470 crosshair hero vii  it was a refurbished unit.

0 Likes