AnsweredAssumed Answered

5700 XT second monitor no longer detected by Windows

Question asked by tovarish124125 on Jan 30, 2020
Latest reply on May 10, 2020 by ventoinhas

Hi,

I've had the 5700 XT since September, and while trying to deal with the continuous random black screen issues that plagued the previous drivers, I thought I'd try one of the features of my motherboard that allows you to have one monitor connected to the GPU and another connected to the onboard graphics, in hopes of getting rid of it.

So I enabled the setting in the bios, connected the second monitor to the onboard graphics through HDMI and all was well. Until now.

When I tried to revert back to having both monitors connected to the GPU, the second monitor is not detected by windows at all no matter what I try. 

Things I've tried: 

Tried to boot with just one screen connected through HDMI

Tried 19.12.X drivers

Clean 20.1.3 driver install

Reseated GPU and RAM

Different HDMI cables

Switched ports between the Main Monitor(DP) and Secondary Monitor(HDMI). So Main Monitor was connected through HDMI and Secondary Monitor was connected through DP. Same issue. Now Main Monitor(HDMI) is not detected.

Reset BIOS settings (in case I had changed something else other than the dual-monitor-specifc setting and had forgotten about it.)

Turned HDCP support off

Fiddled with most of the Radeon settings to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing that could be software related? Or is my HDMI port fried? To me, at this stage, it seems like the HDMI port is a goner, but I just don't understand how since last time I used it was a 2 months ago and it was working fine.

I'm completely stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

AMD Graphics Card

• Asus ROG Strix RX 5700 XT

• Desktop or Laptop System

• Desktop

• Operating System

• Windows 10 64bit

• Driver version installed

• Display Devices

• Main Monitor: MSI Optix MAG27CQ, DisplayPort, 2560x1440, 144Hz

• Secondary Monitor: ASUS VE276Q, HDMI, 60Hz 

• Motherboard + Bios Revision

• MSI Z270M Mortar, BIOS Version 1.60