Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

abed
Journeyman III

No 4K Netflix Videos since Adrenalin 19.12.2

Hello,

I am new here and looking for some help. Please forgive my bad phrasing and preparation, I've been struggling for some hours already.

Since i got the new Adrenalin 2020 Edition (Software Version 2019.1204.2025.36760) for my RX 480 8GB I haven't been able to watch Netflix Videos in 4k on my PC. It worked fine until i got the update. I suspect it has something to do with the DRM (digital rights management) so you can't record the 4k videos since Netflix requires you to have the following for 4k streaming:

- A 4k screen connected to a PC which transfers pictures at at least 60Hz to the screen (works fine).

- No non-HDCP 2.2 screens connected to the PC. I made sure HDCP is turned on in Adrenalin and my TV is also supporting it, so this shouldn't be the problem.

- Use Win 10 with Microsoft Edge or the Netflix App. Have High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) on your PC. (check)

- And also you aren't allowed to have a Recorder in your system. So no recording Hardware like an Audio Video Recorder and also no recording Software turned on (I think here's the problem).

I suspect that the new streaming and recording modes create some problems with Netflix, so it refuses to let me stream in 4k and only supports FullHD (before starting the Video it already shows you the best possible resolution, so it has nothing to do with my internet speed).

Thank you for your support

0 Likes
0 Replies