Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dragondagoth
Adept I

Virtual Super Resolution went from 1800p down to 1400p

Greetings.
Ever since VSR was introduced, I've used 1800p in each of the updates, flawlessly. Until now. The problem I am experiencing is I no longer have an option for 3200 x 1800p. However, there were a few events that I believe are the cause of this issue, and I am looking for a few think tanks to help resolve this.

Yesterday, I updated Windows 10 to its latest update 1903. So far nothing but problems, even took away my restore point, so I can't go back and undo all of this. When I "upgraded" to 1903, I still for a brief moment had 3200 x 1800. I figured well, since I updated Windows, I should probably update my graphics card software, as well. Did that and lost both my AVR - sound, and the VSR options only went as high as 1440p, 1800p is no longer listed.

I deduce this issue is because, Windows 10 is blocking options it feels are not valid. I have come to this conclusion, because in this latest update (1903), that is what MS has implemented for everything not digitally signed. I came across this warning "Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware. If the driver is not compatible, your hardware will not work correctly and your computer might become unstable or stop working completely. Do you want to continue installing this driver?" to illustrate what I am sharing.
The reason I share this is because, let's say you go through AMD settings, Display/Arrange Displays/Advanced Display Settings/Display Adaptor properties for Display x/(Tab Adapter) List All Modes in this section there is no longer the ability to select non-native modes. It reads "List of all valid modes" And the box that you could tick to show all other modes is no longer there.
So this is a long way of asking, but has anyone figured a work-around on this? I think that would be key (at least here) in resolving the issue. I digress. Looking forward to your responses.

3 Replies

You need to keep filing support tickets on this with AMD:  Online Service Request | AMD 

Thank you. I've filled out the form. I will apprise you of results/ if any.

I send one if for every driver that does not fix the situation and does not acknowledge the issue as known.

0 Likes