cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

well0207
Journeyman III

Doubts about the frequency of the processor ryzen 7 2700x

Hello, I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm learning English.

Recently I bought a ryzen 7 2700x and I really enjoyed it, but I have a doubt about the frequency.

When I am not doing anything on the computer the frequency of the processor is 2400Mhz, but if I start a download of a game in the steam, the frequency to over 4100Mhz.

When I play (PUBG for example) the frequency stays at 3900 / 4000Mhz.

My doubts would be, is it normal to start a download frequency so high? I also tried to update the motherboard drive, but when I did this the frequency stayed forever above 4100Mhz, so I formatted the computer to go back to the way it was before.

Should I worry about this frequency oscillation when I download or even open an application?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

well0207, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  The processor clock is maintained internally based on many parameters.  Many users wonder about the variations.  The power plan being used has a lot to do with what you see.  You can reduce the large swings by changing the plan.  Your numbers look quite normal to me.  Here are your specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Please post more information about your system if you have more questions.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.png
pastedImage_2.png

The first image is when I'm not downloading, the second is when I'm downloading in steam for example.

The noise of the cooler box increases and decreases because of the oscillation.

0 Likes

Another thing, I installed the motherboard drive chipset (B450 AORUS PRO WIFI) and it had been fixed at 4150Mhz, so I went into power management and realized that the processor's minimum performance status was at 90%, I put it at 5% and It was like this (I'll put the photo below).

The correct would be to leave at 90% or change as I did to 5%?

pastedImage_2.png

The image above is with the minimum performance at 5%

pastedImage_3.png

The image above is with the minimum performance at 90%
0 Likes